Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: phone shuts off

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default phone shuts off
    I have a 2g 8gig 2.2 iphone and yes I did the jailbreak and all the good stuff but now when I hit the top button and put it to sleep about 5 minutes later when I go to use the phone it is turned off. I then have to hold the power button sometimes for 3-10 seconds before it will come on and sometimes it will not turn on unless I hook it up to the computer or plug it in. I have just updated to 2.2.1 and now it does not do it as often but is still doing it even before I jailbroke it again so I just did the jailbreak and it only does it about 1 or 2 times a day. Anybody have any ideas?? I have only had the phone since january and it was a warranty replacement phone as my last one stopped vibrating and the volume control did not work. My warranty is over on april 2nd 2009 so if I have to I can try to have them send me another phone.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sounds like a hardware issue to me, I'd get it to Apple in a hurry.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

its done

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yep you are right it is done. I contacted apple they asked me if I was still having this issue with the phone after update and I told them it is the same and they are sending me a new phone. (again) Of course they still want me to purchase the apple care extended warranty but if this phone goes bad then I am going to upgrade to 3g even though I can not get 3g service where I live.