Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 battery life?

Default 1.1.3 battery life?
    Hey guys...I'm new to the iPhone scene...but not to customizing or 'hacking' gadgets (I have a PSP).

Just wondering as I've been hearing different things...I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 via ziphone and some people say that 1.1.3 has horrible battery life? Is this true? I had openSSH for awhile and I read somewhere that it GREATLY reduces your battery life, so I took it off and everything's been smooth sailing since.

Anyway, is the short battery life thing true about 1.1.3 in general? Should I downgrade to a different firmware? Suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated! =)

when i was on 1.1.3, the batter would drain quicker than it has ever before...so i went up to 1.1.4 and it seems to be a little better, havent had a battery straining day yet (texting) so...

but for the openSSH, you dont have to uninstall it to get rid of it...just install BossPrefs or like Services and you can just toggle it on and off...cuz openSSH is probably one of the most useful things if you plan on using your computer to upload/mod your iphone

^Nice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DeusInvictus7 For This Useful Post:

cutthroat31 (2008-03-08)

Thanks! Now I'm actually thinking of upgrading to 1.1.4 now that youmention that...I frequently use mobile chat and i've noticed major drainage in the battery.

I've known about the Service one...i just didn't think openSSH was that useful to me so I just decided to uninstall it altogether.

well when i first bought my iphone 3 weeks ago the battary life would last just about all day with constant use with 22 new apps. installed, its only about 6-7 hours untill i have to charge it again. (swirlyMMS, mobile preview, isnake, nes, garf, sketches, tictactoe, lights off, iphysics, chuzzle, jiggles, blockpuzzle, iradio, showtime, customize, smbprefs, mobile finder, mxtube, zibris blog, terminal, pigshooter, and labyrinth.)
    you guys think its got to do with all the apps on here or just the phone being broken in now?

I do think that 1.1.3 is better for the battery than 1.1.1, at least in certain situations dealing with audio. If you think its draining to fast, you might want to check usage statistics. Go to the main settings and show the usage. Then let it sleep for 5 minutes and check again. I believe the usage should be the same as it was. If not, perhaps something is preventing your phone from truly sleeping.

Of course, it seems the biggest killer of battery charge is Wifi...