Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 3.0 downgrade to 2.2.1!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Help with 3.0 downgrade to 2.2.1!
    So I thought I was registered to download 3.0, as I asked someone and obviously they never registered me. I installed 3.0 and then I got the message saying I was not a developer, I followed the instructions to restart my iPhone as it was bricked and trying to install the most recent firmware and I got an error. I'm doing this for the 2nd time now. I'm wondering if I permanently messed up my iPhone, please someone help me!

Your supposed to get an error when you install 2.2.1, afterwards open quickpwn and it will tell you the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restarted.....then hold BOTH the power and home buttons for 15 seconds, then Power button for 2 seconds. Phone will reboot to lockscreen.

Thanks

Okay, thanks a lot. I will give it a try.

Crap, instead of using power button I accidently hit home, now I'm stuck on the start up screen. What do I do now?
    Last edited by Ozzyman500; 2009-03-28 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Start up screen? As in emergency call only?

If so, you need to activate the phone again. Which is something you have to do everytime you restore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What's the "start-up" screen?

Thanks

I should be okay this time. I'm back in iTunes and restoring. This time I will have the directions up when I do everything. Thanks again!

So I think I've really messed up. Seems I've never had registration with the dev team so I could never install 3.0 properly. It's at the activation screen now for 3.0 and every time I try to restore it comes up to this and I cannot get back to 2.2.1. Is there anyway around this?

To put it shortly I cannot get back to 2.2.1 and I've tried restoring it 3 times! It always keeps coming back to the screen that says "We're unable to complete your activation" and I cannot get passed that screen. So if anyone knows a way around it that I don't have to buy a bid on eBay for a registration that would be awesome!

Please help guys!
    Last edited by Ozzyman500; 2009-03-28 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

i take no pity on you

Thanks

^ You don't have to be an *******.

^ some people just are....don't take it personally

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you restoring in DFU mode?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

I think I have been doing it wrong.

Has anyone successfully gotten out of 3.0?!!!!!!

This is a nightmare.

I fixed it! I am so happy right now you have no idea! Thank you so much MMi! I owe you guys!

Thanks to whoever made that tutorial on the iPhone 3.0 beta thread!
    Last edited by Ozzyman500; 2009-03-28 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyman500 View Post
    ^ You don't have to be an *******.
    I not trying to be an *** but how many threads has there been about how 3.0 is just a beta and not to upgrade. I take no pity on people who roll the dice and lose. It is the same thing when people upgrade before an unlock or jailbreak is available then cry about not being able to unlock their phone.

Thanks

Alright. Well, I'm very happy now as to I've restored it back! Take that Apple!

Hello

I just want to say that I am have been able to revert back to 2.2.1. I have been able to activate with Fido through iTumes, Jailbroken the device. In the process however, I have been upgraded to the latest baseband (04.22.01).

It's quite easy.

Hey guys,

I've been able to revert back to 2.2.1. I have been able to activate the device wthi my carrier (Fido) and also Jailbrake it. In the process however, I have been updated to the latest baseband (04.22.01)

The process was actually quite easy once I realized there is a difference between "Recovery Mode" and "DFY Mode". There is only a small diffence. In DFU mode the screen of the iphone stays black, but in Recovery mode, there is the Iteune logo with a USB cable/connector. Very important!!!

BTW, I start this whole things from 2.2.1, with a 3G phone, with the updated baseband.

Here are the steps:

1) open itunes
    2) get iphone in DFU mode (Turn off your iPhone completly/Wait 5 seconds/ Hold down the power and home button/When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button.Screen should remain BLACK!!!)

3) In Itunes, select shift + restore (using the original 2.0 firmware, not the custom one)

4) let iphone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013 in itunes (the error means that itunes has noticed that the baseband has been updated and is o longer what it used to be for your firmware. Dont worry about this. Continue. )

5) Dont unplug your iphone, dont touch it.

6) close itunes. (No need to kill processes)

7) open QuickPwn 2.2.5_2 . You will get a message saying to hold power and home for EXACTLY 15 seconds. do EXACTLY 13 SECONDS. The phone should then be off.

8) Wait 5 seconds.

9) Hold the power for 2 secs and release

10) Go through with the QuickPwn process. Your iphone will reboot when the process is done.

11) Close QuickPwn

12) open itunes and activate your phone.

13) Shut down your computer

14) Unplug your Iphone

15) Open computer

16) Open itunes

17) Plug in Iphone

18) Upgrade using the upgrade process in itunes

19) close itunes

20) Open qucikpwn

21) Go through with the QuickPwn process. Your iphone will reboot when the process is done.

22) Enjoy your unbricked, activated iphone on 2.2.1.

23) Remember to be patinet next time, and not to install betas

24) If your heart deems it necessary, send a small contributions to my paypal account for the countless hours trying to figure this one out: [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by Franco_in_MTL; 2009-04-07 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi guys i need help i was trying to update to 3.0 and i did then my iTunes said that u got a download new version of iTunes i did and the i got an error "your iPhone version is old or expired'' I tried like 20 times and i could't i get errors "13" help me please