Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 Phone Hot In Stanby Mode

Default 3.0 Phone Hot In Stanby Mode
    I had a real strange thing happen yesterday. I've been running 3.0 since it came out. I used my phone sporidacally throughout the day, but reached for it to make a call after it was in standby for a while and it was very warm, almost hot. Battery was near dead, but was almost full 40 minutes earlier when I last used it. The last thing I did before putting it in my pouch was sent a MMS (yes an MMS).
    Probally just something erratic in 3.0 or a hangup of data. I know the mms actually went through so I don't think it was that. The only other thing I have is Push Ymail and the other data that is sent periododically sent by the phone.
    Nothing to be of concern, as I'm sure there is some bugs, but I figured I would post it anyway just in case ther were any other of the same.

Smitty

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There might be some memory leaks in 3.0 since its still beta. I always rebooted my phone on 3.0 once a day to clear all the stuff that as built up in it.

Most definately. I've been running it for about 5 days since my last reboot. Probally worth it to do it every morning.

Thanks

Smitty

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yea.
    My phone was extremely hot today and the battery was extremely low like an hour after the full charge.
    I just rebooted seemed to help.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

its a beta

Mine did this even without being on the beta, I just turned it off for about 30 min to an hour and let it cool down. After that it was just fine.