Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g

Default iphone 3g
    i have an iphone 3g 2.2.1....i want to know what r the advantages of 3g....i heard tht if u go abroad with 3g you arent charged international call rates...is it true

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shivamrox View Post
    i have an iphone 3g 2.2.1....i want to know what r the advantages of 3g....i heard tht if u go abroad with 3g you arent charged international call rates...is it true
    You are with ATT? If so, you will still be charged roaming if you go abroad. Really the only two things the 3G has over the 2G is GPS and 3G data/voice connectivity. A2DP and MMS will be coming to 3G only with 3.0 firmware.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Having an iPhone 3G doesn't give you special roaming privileges... you are still bound my the terms of your contract and rate plan. Having and iPhone 3G simply gives you the ability to pick up compatible 3G networks where available... that's it.