Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't send or receive text messages

Default can't send or receive text messages
    hi all had my iphone 2g 8gb on o2 (i'm from the uk) for a while now but all of a sudden i'm not able to send or receive text messages and i have no idea why i've tried rebooting and even deleting my sms.db file but still i am unable to send/receive... any ideas?

May be something on your carrier's side. I would give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    May be something on your carrier's side. I would give them a call.
    i will be giving them a call tomorrow but it's 1am here so i can't atm but i suspect it's something on the phone as before i deleted my sms.db file i had -1 text messages and now it's just blank after deleting my sms.db file so i'm not really sure

also my iphone is jailbroken and has lots of unofficial apps so what do i say about that or do i just keep my mouth shut?

Dont tell em jack about that.....just say "Hey, my text msgs arent working".

However, now that your saying you had -1 there's probably alot more info you should have told us.

Are you using the stock SMS app or something else?? I suspect something like iRealSMS since your getting the -.

no i'm using the stock sms app

Hmmm, k thats weird. Have you ever used another app? You may need to restore then bro.

i've used irealsms and quicksms or whatever there called but that was a few weeks back and i don't wanna restore

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

sounds like a restore is in order

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    sounds like a restore is in order
    damn it lol i really don't wanna restore.. isn't there anything you can suggest?

and as if like magic it's working again... weird lol

and guess what it's not working again
    Last edited by steve51184; 2009-03-26 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost