Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone gone wıerd PLEASE HELP!!!!

Default Iphone gone wıerd PLEASE HELP!!!!
    I have a 1.1.2 jailbroken Iphone and it worked fine for the past 3 weeks then today, it said something about iphone not working correctly. I restarted it and it seeemed like it was coming back to life but there is no spring board. Where there was the carrier name it now says ipod and the whole menu part is black (see attached pıcture). I called my number from another phone and it rings and i can answer and speak. But Once I hang up, it goes back to the black screen with no Icons.

When I press the home button twice, the ipod part comes and I can play music.

What could be wrong and how can I fix it?

The day before this happned I tried to download MobileChat but the download failed. But today when ı restarted the phone there was an IM Chat Icon on the menu. After I trıed to open ıt, ıt would come on and go away very quıckly and after a restarted the aboe thıngs happned

PLEASE HELP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc00192.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Y-not View Post
    I have a 1.1.2 jailbroken Iphone and it worked fine for the past 3 weeks then today, it said something about iphone not working correctly. I restarted it and it seeemed like it was coming back to life but there is no spring board. Where there was the carrier name it now says ipod and the whole menu part is black (see attached pıcture). I called my number from another phone and it rings and i can answer and speak. But Once I hang up, it goes back to the black screen with no Icons.

When I press the home button twice, the ipod part comes and I can play music.

What could be wrong and how can I fix it?

The day before this happned I tried to download MobileChat but the download failed. But today when ı restarted the phone there was an IM Chat Icon on the menu. After I trıed to open ıt, ıt would come on and go away very quıckly and after a restarted the aboe thıngs happned

PLEASE HELP
    I would say SSH into ur phone and delete MobileChat but most ppl dont have SSH on, on start up(like me ). To keep it nice and simple i would just restore. But like u have 1.1.2, u might need to restore to 1.1.1, boot out of DFU mode(since ur going to get an error going back to 1.1.1). use jailbreakme.com and do the oktoprep and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak. or u can always restore to 1.1.4 and use ziphone to jailbreak.

thanks for the reply . I am quıte new to Iphone and I do not know howto do any of these

Is there a guıde? Are there other sıtes ı can get help from?

Can I restore usıng ITunes? or wıll that brıng me and un activated state and then I can jaıl break?

Just do a restore to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 and use ZiPhone. It'll take you less than 30 minutes to have your phone back up and running and jailbroken. You don't even need a guide. Just download the firmware, restore with iTunes, open up ZiPhone and hit the button to jailbreak/activate or jailbreak/activate/unlock.

oh, and don't forget to hit the thanks button below...
    Last edited by SupahDave; 2008-03-07 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SupahDave For This Useful Post:

Cragua (2008-03-10), Y-not (2008-03-08)

if u going above 1.1.2 might as well do 1.1.4, why use a "buggy" firmware like 1.1.3 when we have 1.1.4

I would do 1.1.4.

do you have Ziphone? If not get it here.

Your iTunes may not recognize your phone. If it does not then while iTunes is running and your phone is connected and turned off, hold the sleep button and the home button for 8 seconds then let go of the home button while continuing to hold the sleep button. You will hear the "new connection/device" sound on your computer. iTunes will recognize the phone then and you can continue with the restore then.

Guys thanks all who replied

SupaDave I took ur advice restored thru i tunes to 1.1.4 and used ziphone to unlock and everything works like a charm. I did loose all my data but thats no problem. I got my iphone back

thanks a million