Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with battery life

Default Problems with battery life
    Hey guys, I have a 1.1.3 iphone which I got like a month ago. It was working great up until a couple of days ago. Now the battery completely drains within a few hours.

Not sure why this is happening but, I think it might be because I downloaded alot of wallpapers this week that are probably messing up the memory. I can't figure out how to delete them. Anyone know?

Or is the problem entirely something else?

what are your bright settings? also do you leave wifi on all the time?

Thanks

Programs that cause a fast battery drain: SSH, SwirlyMMS, MobileChat. All of these keep running even when you're not using them. SSH can be shut off, the others can't.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-03-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Programs that cause a fast battery drain: SSH, SwirlyMMS, MobileChat. All of these keep running even when you're not using them. SSH can be shut off, the others can't.
    Now that I think about it, the problem did start when I downloaded MobileChat a few days ago. Is Apollo the same or does that take up the same amt of battery life?

And I just shut off the SSH, didn't know it ran even when u didn't use it. thanks.

Thanks

Answers my question as well regarding Mobile chat. Interesting in that the old version of Mobile chat did not do this. I had the old mobile chat on my phone and working through several firmware upgrades, including 1.1.4, then say there was a 'we" version out wheich I downloaded yesterday. Battery life sucked dry. Think I'll reinstall the "old version" I have backed up.