Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Plxx!! Deleted iTunes_Control/Music/F00-F09

Default Help Plxx!! Deleted iTunes_Control/Music/F00-F09
    Ok, today something wierd happened.
    When you conect your iPhone there is a bar telling you your Video space, Audio space, Photos space, Others space.
    Idk what happened but all my Audio, Video, Photo space converted into Other so I had 4G in Other space.
    When I scynced, all my music,videos and photos started copying again, but the "Other" space stayed the same 4G.
    So I went to iTunes_Control/Music/F00-F09 and deleted F00-F09 then the capacity bar of Other reduced to 500 MB which is the normal size. Also deleted everything insde iTunes_Control/Artwork/----.
    Now my problem is that my Music and Videos don't sync anymore I get an error (-54) but my Photos and ringtones sync perfectly.
    I know I deleted something I shouldn't have to that was in F00-F09 which controls Music and Videos.
    Does anybody knows what file I need to put there again???

This is the bar I'm talking about just so u know.

Come on help me plx
    Last edited by Victacher; 2008-03-07 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same problem. I need to delete my 5gb+ of 'Other' files.
    I had this when i restored it.
    I'm still looking for the solution of it.
    I havent delete anything from the iTunes_Control yet though.

Idk, but take a look at iPod Wiper in BossTools. Idk if it will fix your problem, but seeing this thread made me think of it...

bosstools does not work... any other suggestions besides restoring the phone?
    btw, I have lots of itunes_control folders in my phone, which is the correct/active folder for 1.1.4 firmware?

I have it in
    /var/itunes_control
    /private/var/itunes_control
    /var/mobile/media/itunes_control

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

if you can get a copy of the file, try putting it back in

Default The solution to other storage being used up incorrectly
    I found the solution on another site - works a treat.
    Go to User - Media - iTunes_Control and delete it. The 'other' space empties. Resync and your music is back. Nothing else is lost or changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mindblowerz View Post
    bosstools does not work... any other suggestions besides restoring the phone?
    btw, I have lots of itunes_control folders in my phone, which is the correct/active folder for 1.1.4 firmware?

I have it in
    /var/itunes_control
    /private/var/itunes_control
    /var/mobile/media/itunes_control

Quote Originally Posted by nabils View Post
    I found the solution on another site - works a treat.
    Go to User - Media - iTunes_Control and delete it. The 'other' space empties. Resync and your music is back. Nothing else is lost or changed.
    When you re-loaded iTunes after that, did it ask you to do a restore? I followed your advice and am in the middle of a restore and hoping, nay, PRAYING it keeps all the data I have in there right now. It made me restore from a backup...