Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charging Problems

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Charging Problems
    No matter what the charge on my battery is when i plug it into the wall charger that came with my phone the little charged battery shows up, not the charging one. Even though its plugged in it doesn't charge and continues to use the battery until its at like 2% (exact percentage show with my battery) then it charges for a bit until it gets to around 10 - 15% and shows the charged battery again. This is very annoying as i need a full charged phone every day as i use it a lot. My old first gen ipod touch did this aswell right before the logic board died. Is thats what's wrong my my phone?

Try another charger, if you can. If it still does it....most likely a hardware issue (actually, definetely is)....so take it to Apple.

Thanks

I have a griffin charger and using it shows the same results. On my computer it shows charging but i left it overnight one time and it went up 5%. I live in canada and the only genius bar is in Toronto which is completely across the country. Apple charges us $52.00 to send any ipod/ iphone to them even if they find nothing is wrong with it. Is there anything else i can try? I dont have 50 bucks at the moment.

EDIT: There are now genius bars all over canada Last time i looked (2-3 years ago there were only 2 in Ontario).

My iphone is jailbroken will i have to restore to take it in? And will they know it was jailbroken? Thanks

Im going to upgrade to 2.2.1 and see if that fixes anything, you have to have the lastest fw to have apple look at it anyway. If i use chronus or aptbackup will all my jailbroken apps be there after i rejailbreak?
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-03-22 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfour View Post
    No matter what the charge on my battery is when i plug it into the wall charger that came with my phone the little charged battery shows up, not the charging one. Even though its plugged in it doesn't charge and continues to use the battery until its at like 2% (exact percentage show with my battery) then it charges for a bit until it gets to around 10 - 15% and shows the charged battery again. This is very annoying as i need a full charged phone every day as i use it a lot. My old first gen ipod touch did this aswell right before the logic board died. Is thats what's wrong my my phone?
    Does it do this if you plug it into a USB port on your computer? Try charging it there.

Thanks

it doesnt but i left it overnight on my computer charging and it went up 5%

Thanks

I'd upgrade to 2.2.1 and see if that fixes things, if not, restore to stock and take it back to Apple.

this happens to me if i'm in the usb, but ounce i wall plug the battery charges, but first i have to close all process and go into safe mode? Maybe it's new apple charging DRM? i have a non-apple cable, it works with my ipod and syncs but wont charge

Thanks

Anytime I have used a non-Apple cable I have had issues. Thankfully a restore always fixed things.

Thanks

i have had the USB that came with my phone relpaced twice because it ripped right near the end that goes into the phone. It was the exact same spot on both cables maybe there is a problem with apples new cables. The one that came with my ipod video hasnt torn and its over 2 years old.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

had this happen over the weekend, the cheapo chinese charger must have died, plugged in the oem charger and no issues

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfour View Post
    i have had the USB that came with my phone relpaced twice because it ripped right near the end that goes into the phone. It was the exact same spot on both cables maybe there is a problem with apples new cables. The one that came with my ipod video hasnt torn and its over 2 years old.
    My cable started to come apart at that place, and while I never noticed a charging issue, i would notice it would keep connecting and disconnecting when connected to the computer. I took some good old electrical tape and reinforced the cable, problem solved.