View Poll Results: Will you charge for apps that you make?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 22.22%
  • No

21 77.78%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The SDK Question: Free or Charge

Default The SDK Question: Free or Charge
    How many People are going to really charge for the apps that they make, and how many people are going to keep on making them for free?

That is the big question that seems to be on everyones mind wheather or not this is going to cost everyone a lot more money to get some amazing apps/games.

if u wrote a kick a** app, would u charge for it?
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

I think I will do both, depends on the APP.
    I just download the SDK and I will do my best to learn how to build a useful APP

Im assuming just about every developer who made apps for Installer for free will continue even with new apps, but if the app was created with the SDK because it was impossible just jailbreaking, then I would pay, ex. copy and paste etc.

[/I] would pay for a video recorder and supermonkey ball. thats it, unless halo 3 gets released on the iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Im assuming just about every developer who made apps for Installer for free will continue even with new apps, but if the app was created with the SDK because it was impossible just jailbreaking, then I would pay, ex. copy and paste etc.
    i totally agree, with the release of the SDK alot of big game and software companies are going to be releasing some killer application eg. the games that ea and sega produced/ported in 2 weeks. I think come june it will be hard to resist paying for quality games and apps.

If I'm not mistaken:
    You can join the developer program to test your app on the iPhone and iPod touch and distribute your app -- to join the dev program costs just $99.
    Meaning a lot more people are going to charge for apps..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    [/I] would pay for a video recorder on the iphone
    what about showtime? you can record up to 5 sec on free version, $10 for full version though =$

I would both give free and charge for programs. If people only want to use SDK and itunes to upload then more power to them (mainly the non jailbroken group). Id also release on installer for no charge.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

It's like everybody has a Mac and everybody knows how to code..