Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 os not working with my car stereo

Default 3.0 os not working with my car stereo
    Just recently installed 3.0 and it seems stable. My sony car stereo is no longer compatible. It uses a standard USB sync cable. It does not use the "line out" on the dock, it transfers through USB. Now my phone comes up as "not supported". Looks like I'm going back to 2.2.1.

3.O is not offically released.So there are no compatible devices with it yet...

I am aware of that. Still it seems odd to break an existing compatibility with a newer firmware.

it's a beta version...

Quote Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
    Just recently installed 3.0 and it seems stable. My sony car stereo is no longer compatible. It uses a standard USB sync cable. It does not use the "line out" on the dock, it transfers through USB. Now my phone comes up as "not supported". Looks like I'm going back to 2.2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    3.O is not offically released.So there are no compatible devices with it yet...

I have a Pioneer Avic with iphone interface. After updating to 3.0 just over a week ago and finding that I could still use the interface, no issue at all, I noticed about a day later it stopped working. I also confirmed it wouldn't work with other Pioneer and Alpines heads with the dock interface cable either by testing it at my friend's car audio store. I thought this highly odd seeing as it initially worked. What I found, in having to restore my music on the phone as well, something upset the communications between iphone and car. I continued replacing music and found that the next time I went in the car it was back up and working. A few days later, late last week it had another issue, so I uploaded some more music and bingo it started working again and has been right since.

So it not necessary to throw your hands up and dump 3.0 if you have this issue, it's a glitch that can be overcome. The other thing is I always had it in the back of my mind I could go back to using the headphone jack output if I got stuck. I'm liking 3.0 too much to go back now. Having been through plenty of betas in OS's over the years, the bugs in 3.0 aren't really stressing me in my day to day.

It's a beta. So I think if you are not a developer then it is better not to upgrade your iPhone OS.

I have a ford focus with the sync system and my phone still works fine with my car, plus now with the Bluetooth audio opened up I can play a stream wirelessly through my car stero via Bluetooth, I just don't have the controls now, but that's ok because I can use it just to play pandora through my car no need for controls there!

Quote Originally Posted by spikedfo View Post
    It's a beta. So I think if you are not a developer then it is better not to upgrade your iPhone OS.
    I don't get why some people are so paranoid of betas. They exist at times in all forms of OS's, just because it's mobile OS doesn't make it unique as a beta. I'm no developer, but I'd say I'm pretty capable PC user who doesn't get my knickers wound up when certain features aren't present or functioning perfectly in a beta. If you're a pedantic person, who insists there can never be a glitch in normal operations, which is near impossible anyway, then wait for the official. I've had betas for plenty of other device OS's, actually a new beta OS for one of my mediaplayers comes to mind, the TVIX 6500. Personally, I serious struggle to think of a beta OS that was that bad I couldn't bear with till the next version or a final release. Anyway it's a personal call and personally I'm really enjoying 3.0 and not having to wait. I've forwarded so many SMS's already, not mentioned the joy of cut and paste.
    Last edited by Ozdude; 2009-03-30 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Actually if you recall when they went from 2g to 3g phones they changed the lower porting on the cable. I wouldn't be surprised to know they re-rerouted the outputs and inputs in 3.0 via software since it is controllable on several pins through the MOBO.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Actually if you recall when they went from 2g to 3g phones they changed the lower porting on the cable. I wouldn't be surprised to know they re-rerouted the outputs and inputs in 3.0 via software since it is controllable on several pins through the MOBO.
    Given my own experience I doubt this is the case here. Even if so one would have to ask why, given it would have the potential to screw up dozens of different kinds of car audio ipod and other interfaces...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

3.0 works on my pioneer AVIC with the Apple AV cable no issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    Given my own experience I doubt this is the case here. Even if so one would have to ask why, given it would have the potential to screw up dozens of different kinds of car audio ipod and other interfaces...
    Would you like to ask them why they did it the first time? This isn't sci-fi, it's documented history.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Would you like to ask them why they did it the first time? This isn't sci-fi, it's documented history.
    So, what's that got to do with now? As I've already proven myself along with fellow AVIC owner cash7c3, the interface still works!! So why even pursue that line of though??

So, what's that got to do with now? As I've already proven myself along with fellow AVIC owner cash7c3, the interface still works!! So why even pursue that line of though??
    OK, yours works so everyone else's should?

The fact is other people's don't - so something has changed.

Maybe yours comply fully with standards and others don't, but to say "the interface still works!! " when for others it doesn't, doesn't really help a lot, does it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    OK, yours works so everyone else's should?

The fact is other people's don't - so something has changed.

Maybe yours comply fully with standards and others don't, but to say "the interface still works!! " when for others it doesn't, doesn't really help a lot, does it?
    Jesus, we're going around in circles now! As I clearly explained, it is a music library glitch that can be fixed by moving music on the iphone. It looks just like a connection issue, due to the error msg presented but it is not. As I first stated, when the glitch is occurring it can be replicated on Pioneer and Alpine, and I can also add JVC and Clarion to that. So are you going to tell me somehow Sony is the exception to the rule and the issue is unique to it?

I have not had the problem again since the second time it happened, now over a week ago. I also updated to Beta 2 yesterday and will be keeping an eye on it.
    Last edited by Ozdude; 2009-04-03 at 01:59 AM.

Default 3.0 Beta 3 is has eliminated the interface glitch
    I can now confirm as at yesterday after doing the upgrade the glitch the prevents playback via the ipod interface on AVICs and other units no longer occurs. This has been confirmed by others as well. So much for those who were theorizing that for some reason Apple 're-rerouted the outputs and inputs'.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

that sucks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ozdude, you mentioned you had it working on some JVC decks. I've never been able to get my iPhone 3G to work with my JVC KD-AVX44J, even though all iPods (that I've been able to get my hands on) work fine with it.

A2DP looks like it may satisfy me, but I'd rather have it plugged in so it can charge too.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
    Ozdude, you mentioned you had it working on some JVC decks. I've never been able to get my iPhone 3G to work with my JVC KD-AVX44J, even though all iPods (that I've been able to get my hands on) work fine with it.

A2DP looks like it may satisfy me, but I'd rather have it plugged in so it can charge too.
    I'm going off testing what was available at my buddies store on this demo board. Actually, sorry, but I never mentioned it working on JVC decks. I only ever confirmed that it wasn't working when the 3.0 glitch occurs on any decks I tested including a JVC:

As I first stated, when the glitch is occurring it can be replicated on Pioneer and Alpine, and I can also add JVC and Clarion to that.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozdude For This Useful Post:

canadiancow (2009-04-20)

with beta 3 im back up again mostly.

you do have to have some music on the iPod it seems. well, at least i assume, try making sure you at least have a few songs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast