Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default New iPhone
    I'm definitely getting the new iPhone if it comes out this summer. But I'm still going to keep my current 3G for a while, at least until jailbreak is available for the new software. Also to use the apps I paid for until I buy them again on my new phone.

Well, I just wanted to know if I can buy the new iPhone and have it running 3.0 while my 3G is on 2.2 still and just swap my SIM card back and forth. Will that work?

I know I probably sound noobish right now. Oh well. We're all ignorant at some point.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

You will need to jailbreak&unlock for the new iphone 3.0...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if the apps you paid for are from the app store they will sync to any iphone or ipod touch you sync with your itunes library without buying them again. But if your talking about jailbroken apps like snapture or mcleaner then those have to be bought again.

Yeah, you can swap your simcard back and fourth. Assuming your talking about ATT.

I swap mine between iphones and different FW versions (which doesnt matter) all the time.

Thanks

southfour, I know I won't lose my App Store apps. I was saying I want to keep my current 3G to use on 2.2 and use the apps I got from Cydia until I decide to buy them again.

cpjr, yes, I'm with AT&T. So when I go to AT&T and buy the new iPhone (still assuming it's coming out), renew my 2-year contract, and activate the new iPhone, all I have to do is take my SIM card out of the new iPhone and put it in my current one and it will work the same as it is now? :]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes.... ask yourself... can I put my SIM card in a razor right now and use it? yes! Can I go put my SIM card in an AT&T Blackberry and use it... yes! You are a valid AT&T iphone subscriber so you can put your SIM card into any Iphone and it will work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Yes.... ask yourself... can I put my SIM card in a razor right now and use it? yes! Can I go put my SIM card in an AT&T Blackberry and use it... yes! You are a valid AT&T iphone subscriber so you can put your SIM card into any Iphone and it will work.
    That's the whole point of me asking. I DON'T KNOW! I don't have a RAZR or a Blackberry or ANY OTHER PHONE but the iPhone. When I got the iPhone, I had to activate it (never had to do this for any other phone). I had no need for my other phone, so I lost it somewhere. THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So you're saying your first cell phone ever in life was an iPhone and you've had no other experience with any other kind of cell phone and possibly have no friends or family members with cell phones? Actually now that I think about it given if all this was true your original question was about an iPhone... which you own and went through the process of activating and jailbreaking and you are intimately familiar with how it works. Then you ask... "if i get another iPhone can I use the new iPhone AND the old iPhone?" What happens when you take your SIM card out of your iPhone now?.... a little box pops up that says "no SIM card installed". It doesn't shut down... it doesn't deactivate.. it just chills there. When you put this SIM card back into the phone... it magically starts to work again. So I guess I am just a little confused as to how you couldn't come to this conclusion on your own with a little critical thinking or testing.

Ok guys be nice...Lol.

we can't really answer but YES you van swap sims even between any phone (i swap with my nokia a lot)

Thanks

Whoah P, slow down. The guy asked a simple legitimate question that needed a simple answer.

As said already, your sim will work in ANY iPhone in the world and/or any other AT&T handset.

You can chop and change handsets as much as you please without issueo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79
    So you're saying your first cell phone ever in life was an iPhone and you've had no other experience with any other kind of cell phone and possibly have no friends or family members with cell phones? Actually now that I think about it given if all this was true your original question was about an iPhone... which you own and went through the process of activating and jailbreaking and you are intimately familiar with how it works. Then you ask... "if i get another iPhone can I use the new iPhone AND the old iPhone?" What happens when you take your SIM card out of your iPhone now?.... a little box pops up that says "no SIM card installed". It doesn't shut down... it doesn't deactivate.. it just chills there. When you put this SIM card back into the phone... it magically starts to work again. So I guess I am just a little confused as to how you couldn't come to this conclusion on your own with a little critical thinking or testing.
    Did you even read my post?

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$
    never had to do this for any other phone
    Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$
    I had no need for my other phone, so I lost it somewhere.
    I have never had to activate another phone before the iPhone when I used it for the first time, so I didn't know if that might keep you from using it on two different iPhones, and with two different softwares (2.x and 3.0) at that. Did you really have to be so difficult when I just asked a simple question?

Quote Originally Posted by reeko
    Whoah P, slow down. The guy asked a simple legitimate question that needed a simple answer.

As said already, your sim will work in ANY iPhone in the world and/or any other AT&T handset.

You can chop and change handsets as much as you please without issueo
    THANK YOU! Some real help.