Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking Voicecalls in the Car

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Taking Voicecalls in the Car
    I can't quite figure out this problem. I hook up my iPhone to my car's AUX input via a standard 1/8"/3.5mm audio cable. Music and everything plays fine. However, when receiving a call, what often times happens is I will receive a call and I can hear them through my speakers, but they can't hear me at all. It's not a distance issue, because even if I get right next to the iPhone mic, they still can't hear me. I can't figure it out as to why this randomly happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it's because when you plug in that cable or any cable for that matter into your iphone, it automatically looks for a MICROPHONE, and since you're car does not have one, then of course the person on the other end will not hear you. Picture it this way... you're plugging in regular standard earphones into your iphone and you receive a cal...... no mic. so therefore no matter how close you get to your phone, the other person will not hear you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay, I wondered about that. How come it doesn't happen all the time though? Sometimes I've been able to talk and they could hear me. Is there perhaps a way around this?

Thanks

maybe try a new cable! I do the same thing in my car and it works everytime without fail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have, and it still doesn't work :S