Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem installing iPhone 3.0 Help!

Default Problem installing iPhone 3.0 Help!
    I installed OS 3.0 on my 3G iPhone using my XP PC. I downloaded the .ipsw file and installed it on the phone. After install I got this error;
    "I got an error saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

I then rebooted the iphone and now I get the itunes could not sync due to passcode error. However, I am at the screen that has the cord plugging into itunes and there is no where to put in a passcode!!

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

You need to be a dev to be able to use 3.0

Oh sorry, I had a dev put my UDID in their database.

Default iphone
    I have same problem but i tried to downgrade but i could not and now my iphone 1st generation says that please connect to iTunes when I'm trying to restore iPhone i get error 13 please help
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcharles View Post
    I installed OS 3.0 on my 3G iPhone using my XP PC. I downloaded the .ipsw file and installed it on the phone. After install I got this error;
    "I got an error saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

I then rebooted the iphone and now I get the itunes could not sync due to passcode error. However, I am at the screen that has the cord plugging into itunes and there is no where to put in a passcode!!

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,