Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get data working over GPRS (2G on T-Mobile UK)

Default Can't get data working over GPRS (2G on T-Mobile UK)
    Right, after managing to corrupt my iPhone database last week I restored to default today (iTunes wouldn't let me do anything with the phone except full restore, as it wouldn't recognise it)

Everything's gone okay - now on 2.2.1 and jailbroken and unlocked - however, I can't seem to do anything over GPRS - webpages just sit there and do nothin untill I get a bubble telling me the server stopped responding, and checking email just tells me it could not activate cellular data network.....

I've got the GPRS signal in the status bar, and it makes calls no problem, but it won't do any internet or email over GPRS!

The APN details are all there but nothings happening!

----------------------------
    EDIT!

Okay, so popped the sim out and put into my Nokia - no problem connecting to internet there using 3G

Put it back into iPhone and now got phone service, but not GPRS connection!!!!

Could something be damaged in the phone itself? Prior to this firmware restore it was working perfectly, no problem getting GPRS data connection anywhere!

----------------------------
    EDIT!

Right, a little earlier on (bout an hour ago) it was working - GRPS logo was shwing next to carrier name, and it was loading webpages fine.

Then I ran the AptBackup app to restore my Cydia apps and now it's not working again! No GPRS logo, no data connection!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
    Last edited by Thrush; 2009-03-20 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try to reset your network settings.Make sure the edge settings are correct...

Nothing to reset - just came out of a full firmware restore back to factory settings!

Seems to be working now tho...