Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why Choose An iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Why Choose An iPhone?
    First: Please note that I didn't find a "General" forum to put this under so I put it under that one closest to a review forum. Please reply to where I should move this review IF I should.

There are many great touch screen phones on the market like the BlackBerry Storm, LG Dare, and LG Voyager, but what makes the iPhone stand out among the rest?

The Touch Screen
    The beautiful touch screen is probably the main reason I chose the iPhone over so many other smart phones on the market. It's display is not only smooth to the touch, but incredibly responsive. Other devices feature touch computability, but lack a glass touch display which makes the device much less responsive. The iPhone's touch screen is also heat sensitive which I noticed was a small, but great feature when I compared the iPhone to the Voyager and Dare. Why you might ask? Because the Voyager AND Dare can automatically unlock themselves in your pocket from loose change or pens touching the screen or lock button. The phone then calls people, goes on the web or downloads something without the user's permission.

The App Store
    While other phones like the Storm (by BlackBerry) and other smart phones running Windows Mobile do have a store for purchasing and downloading applications for the device remotely, Apple obviously tops their stores by far. The App store not only reaches a wide variety of users, from teens to adults, but offers applications that take complete advantage of the phones other hardware and software.

The iTunes Store
    Purchasing music on the go is something that has been offered with mobile phones for quite some time now. However, none of them offered purchasing from the #1 music provider world-wide until now. With the iPhone, you can purchase any some from the iTunes store with just a tap of your finger. Even though it has a different layout, it still has all the functionality of buying from your desktop. I mainly found the store useful when my friends and were hanging out possibly at dinner or watching football and there was music playing. With the iTunes Store app, and after asking someone what the song was, I could buy the song straight from my device and not worry about writing it down or forgetting it later.

The Price
    Finally, the pricing. I will admit, just for all those haters of the iPhone out there that the original price of $600 was outrageous. However, now that its merely $199, the pricing is no different between say the iPhone and a BlackBerry Storm. The plan is expensive just like any other smart phone's plan would be. However, unlike other phones, the iPhone has built-in Wifi Networking. So, whenever you're in a Wifi zone, you can save a little money on your phone bill while other smart phones can't.

Just a few reasons why YOU should choose iPhone.

Reply on how I did with this review and email me ([email protected]) with something you think I should review. You can also PM or reply to this post.

THANKS!
    Thurbs190

Thanks

I purchased my iphone instead of an HTC Tilt (at the time that was what I was considering) because with the iPhone I got unlimited internet for $20 while with the Tilt I would have had to get an unlimited PDA plan which was $39.99 at the time. Even when I upgraded to my 3G at $30 a month it was still less expensive than an unlimited PDA or Blackberry plan (on ATT).

Well that and the fact that I loves the touch screen one-touch access to apps on the iPHone. The iPhone also made me into a mac convert after using PC's since their inception. While I still have a PC, I'm using the mac more and more.

Thanks

Im so over blackberry and other smartphone users b****ing about my iphone, they try to say blackberries are better and can do more but they cant and everything costs more monthly money, regardless of the starting base.

I hate them, more than anything.
    make it a great day!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i see nothing about blackberry that makes me want one, my IT friend is all hot for the palm pre now, any comments on that phone?

In choosing an iphone you should consider spec and of course the price..
    no signature links...please

Just a small nitpick: The screen is capacitive, not heat-sensitive. It only works on the electrical charge of your skin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSMITH View Post
    Just a small nitpick: The screen is capacitive, not heat-sensitive. It only works on the electrical charge of your skin
    cool...i didnt know that..no wonder when i try to use my hand with gloves its a bit harder to slide...

Thanks

I have been a mac convert for the last 8 months and iphone owner for 7 months. Iphone is easiest to use and God Bless the Dev Team. I moved from CDMA to GSM to be on sim card phones in the first place. An iphone is a netbook in your hands!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I chose the iPhone because it outclasses all other phones in regards to diversity. It is the media phone. I also occasionally make phone calls on it too. I love having a computer in my pocket.

you didnt seem to mention cydia and all the app in there

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I chose the iPhone because it outclasses all other phones in regards to diversity. It is the media phone. I also occasionally make phone calls on it too. I love having a computer in my pocket.
    I completely agree. It pretty much does everything you need it to, especially now with 3.0.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
    Im so over blackberry and other smartphone users b****ing about my iphone, they try to say blackberries are better and can do more but they cant and everything costs more monthly money, regardless of the starting base.

I hate them, more than anything.
    I got into some argument at YouTube with someone that was trying to pass off that the 17 million people that bought an iPhone bought it because we were "brainwashed". lol

Here are some negatives he pointed out.

- him

• me

- Cost

• I don't really see how $200 is so much for an awesome smartphone.

- No MMS

• MMS coming in 2 months.

- Doesn't support a SIM card which hasn't been activated for that specific phone

• It doesn't? My mom's SIM card worked in my iPhone and I didn't have to activate it.

- No expandable memory

• Not really needed since it's got so much internal memory already. (My own: 16GB)

- No third party software

• I really didn't understand the third party software comment. App Store? Cydia? Installer? RYP?

- Read-only MS Office suite (documents can be read but not edited)

• Doesn't affect me personally.

- Lousy camera

• Agreed.

- No removable / user accessible battery

• IMO, the iPhone would look ugly with a removable battery. But that's what the battery packs are for.

- Can't detect single point of touch (ie can't use stylus, finger nail etc).

• Like Mazda said: zoom, zoom, zoom.

- No external keyboard (not necessarily a disadvantage. Personal choice here).

• Not wanted (personal choice here).

- Must use iTunes

• I don't really see this as a disadvantage either since I've been using iTunes to manage all my music for over 2 years now.

- From memory I don't think you can make video calls

• Many smart phones can't.

- No file sharing via Bluetooth

• iBluetooth / official from Apple coming in 2 months.

- Can't use as a wireless modem

• PdaNet / Not up to Apple, but individual wireless carriers.

- No copy & paste (although I believe v3.0 will have this feature)

• Along with many other problems you mentioned.

- No haptic feedback (vibrating feedback to on screen selections)

Is this really one of the reasons someone chose an HTC over an iPhone? *facepalm*

- Debatable battery life (usual story with Apple)

• Goes along with the removable battery and the pack I mentioned earlier, right?

-gotta pay to get battery changed as well as wait to get done.

• How many of you have had to change your batteries? I haven't, my dad hasn't, my sister with her old 4GB iPhone didn't, her boyfriend didn't, 2 co-workers didn't, 2 bosses didn't...need I go on?

- Rubbish as a data storage device (IF you can get it to do it in the first place)

• How can you call it rubbish and not even know if it does it in the first place? Dumbass.

- No flash

• Honestly, and I really mean this, I don't want a flash. I've never needed to take pictures in the dark, and I think it would make the back of the iPhone look worse. I won't NOT buy an iPhone if it had a flash, but it would never get one if it was up to me.

- Needs to be jail-broken to make it functional

• Yeah, my iPhone was pretty functional before I jailbroke it. And how is this bad anyway? Other than voiding your warranty (if you don't restore before bringing it in) how is taking a couple minutes of your time to get themes and apps that Apple won't approve such a bad thing? I jailbroke my iPhone last year and haven't needed to do any additional thing to it.

- Safari (browser) struggles with Flash and Java

• Who disagrees that the iPhone doesn't have the best mobile web browser? If Safari on the iPhone doesn't meet your expectations, the browser on your HTC won't either.

- Can't forward text messages

• iRealSMS (+ other SMS apps in Cydia) and 3.0's Messages app.

- EDIT: I forgot to add, no multitasking!

• Backgrounder!

Just thought I'd share the idiocy of another iPhone hater with you guys. :]
    Last edited by Channan; 2009-04-20 at 09:33 PM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I chose an iPhone because my iPod and phone are all on one device.