Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clarification For iPhone SDK (Read if you're confused!)

Default Clarification For iPhone SDK (Read if you're confused!)
    Clarification with the iPhone SDK
    A lot of people are confused about the new developments, so I'll break it down for all of you.

SDK Availability and Price
    The iPhone SDK is available now for free. You have to sign up for Apple Developer Connection (ADC), which is free. If you want to sell applications on the iTunes store, you must join the iPhone Developer Program (IDP). If you want to distribute them for free, you do not have to pay.

SDK Usage
    The SDK can only be used on an Intel Mac running Leopard (OS X 10.5).

3rd Party Application Ability For iPhone Availability
    3rd party applications will be available to run on the iPhone in June. You can still download and create applications using the SDK.

iPhone Enterprise Usage
    Enterprise features for the iPhone will also be available in the iPhone 2.0 software update, which is available in June.

iPhone 2.0 Software Update
    This will come out in June. It will likely be the most secure iPhone firmware yet. It's unknown whether ZiPhone or other jailbreak methods will work with this software version.

What To Do Until Then
    The only thing we can do is wait. Keep using Installer to download applications.

Special Edition: Will We Be Able To Use SDK Applications in Installer/on Jailbroken iPhones?
    We're not sure. I'm downloading the SDK as we speak, and I'll report back as soon as I find out.

If this helped you, please click the Thanks button. Thank you.

Also, Moderators, if you can sticky this so more people read it, and there are less random questions littering the forum, that would be great.

Lastly, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gfabry For This Useful Post:

adam_hussynec (2008-03-07), dnoc (2008-03-07), euphapple (2008-03-07), Hyperextension (2008-03-07), maju25 (2008-03-07), parsa (2008-03-07), stocis (2008-03-07), vietalogy (2008-03-07)