Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My phone runs like crap

Default My phone runs like crap
    Do things like sbsettings and iRealQuickSMS slow down the phone? I have been checking my running processes constantly making sure nothing extra is running and I cant seem to figure out why my phone runs like such crap. I DONT have winterboard or backgrounder installed and the only thing I can imagine would be eating up ram would be iReal or sbsettings. I mean, I cant even type in safari it is so bad. Does anyone know anyway to free up some more ram somehow? I will open my phone up and solder a fricken ram chip to the board if I have too.... Does that old boss prefs trick that relocates system files have anything to do with helping ram??????

Thanks

What firmware are you running?

Simple way to find out is to uninstall them and see if your phone is quicker!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Default i hear you!
    same for me. i even did a restore and put in only about half the apps i had, i gave up backgrounder and theming, just in case. updated to 2.2.1. i examined ilog a ton, and it's def a memory problem. but running processes are all ordinary ones. noticing that (a) phone and mail are the hungriest processes, and (b) safari's constantly asking mail to quit just pre-crash led me to think that getting an email often causes my crashes. i shut off my mail now if i'm going to sufr (via bosspreffs). guess what? almost no crashes.

my programmer kid doesn't know of any way to increase memory, but if you find one i'd love to know. shutting off mail isn't so great because i usually forget to turn it on again for quite some time.

good luck!

Im on 2.2

Thinking about trying 3.0 though ;D
    Last edited by seh6183; 2009-03-18 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Im on 2.2

Thinking about trying 3.0 though ;D
    I doubt a beta OS would run any better.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    I doubt a beta OS would run any better.
    We know - but it'll be fun watching his posts after he screws up his phone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Nevermind, no way to beta test 3.0 without a developer code. Unless of course, the dev team were to release a new version of pwnage that would allow you to create a custom 3.0 firmware... But that wont happen. They only release new versions of pwnage when the new firmwares (actual firmwares not beta) come out.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    We know - but it'll be fun watching his posts after he screws up his phone
    Yea because I have no idea what IM doing. You obviously do though. With your 2.2 and all....
    Last edited by seh6183; 2009-03-18 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Yea because I have no idea what IM doing.
    The fact that you didn't know you need a dev code for 3.0 would suggest that's the case.

I never said that I knew what I'm talking about (MuscleNerd did though )

With your 2.2 and all....
    was that supposed to be an insult?

if so.... FAIL