Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recording Loud Audio

Default Recording Loud Audio
    I was just wondering if there were any kind of tricks I could try to record loud audio on the iPhone. There have been times when I've been at concerts and would like to record either audio or video of it with my iPhone, but it always come out incredibly noisy. I understand that it's just a small cell phone mic, so the quality won't be that good, however, is there perhaps something I can place over the microphone to soften the noise while recording? My old cell phones seemed to record loud audio quite a bit better than the iPhone does.

Has anyone found any tips or solutions?

Thanks!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

What program are you using to record? I use Gig Baby and it has an input level control. Haven't tried it at a concert but i'd imagine you could drop the level way down and it would come out ok.

Gives thanks...Do you?

Wow, I was just looking for an answer to this question about my iPhone 3GS and found this old thread I'd created.

So, any tips on recording loud audio (concerts, etc.) using the iPhone 3GS? I recorded a few songs at a show over the weekend and they were decent, but still distorted. I tried putting my finger over the mic to help soften it but it didn't make a difference.

Here's an example:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvTcD1pxkjw]YouTube - Swarm of Bats 2[/ame]
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad