Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone seems to be dead....any suggestions?

Default iPhone seems to be dead....any suggestions?
    ok, what happened was, this morning my phone said it needed to be rebooted before running swirly MMS. I thought to myself that was weird, seeing as though my phone had been restard a good 6 times since swirly had been installed. So, I rebooted my phone and now, instead of loading up the springboard, it reboots again, straight away, doesn't even change the picture, it just goes blank for half a second and tries to reboot.

I've read many many many posts about other people having this problem, and the solution seems to point towards putting my phone into DFU mode.

ok, tried that. many times. so many in fact, that I've lost count. my phone simply won't go into DFU mode or Recovery mode. I can't get it to be recognized by my pc and the only thing it seems to respond to is me holding the sleep and home buttons for 10 secs to reboot it again.

anyone have any ideas? I know for sure apple won't want to fix it when they see the pirate logo instead of their logo

##########################################
    EDIT
    ##########################################

noticed a pattern in how long it took to restart, and was able to time it just in time to put the phone into recovery mode and restore with itunes.
    hopefully I didn't lose too much, apart from my cydia apps
    Last edited by Gringle; 2009-03-16 at 09:52 AM.