Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to put the phone back to stock, help!

Default Need to put the phone back to stock, help!
    Ok i have a 1.1.2 Jailbroken phone.. Installer no longer opens and the phone has been fng up lately.. I need to put it back to factory and put 1.1.4 on it.. Do i just plug in and hit update or hit restore and then update? Please help!

If you want 1.1.4, just plug it in and hit "upgrade". There done. You will loose any mods and the phone will NO longer be jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If you want 1.1.4, just plug it in and hit "upgrade". There done. You will loose any mods and the phone will NO longer be jailbroken.
    Ok i dont care if i loose the apps, ill jailbreak it later on someday again.. The phone wont have problems if i just hit upgrade right? Thanks for the help

Ive heard you should restore to 1.1.4 not upgrade so you dont run into any problems

A restore should wipe the drive clean as far as i can tell. Probably a better option for a nice clean install

Quote Originally Posted by pgazda View Post
    Ive heard you should restore to 1.1.4 not upgrade so you dont run into any problems
    so i should restore first then update?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you should download the file for firmware 1.1.4, plug your phone into the comp, launch itunes, ctrl+restore, and pick the file you just downloaded to restore. this will bring you straight to 1.1.4 at a clean state and then jailbreak

I would do what JT just said

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    you should download the file for firmware 1.1.4, plug your phone into the comp, launch itunes, ctrl+restore, and pick the file you just downloaded to restore. this will bring you straight to 1.1.4 at a clean state and then jailbreak
    thanks!

hey guys, where can I get the firmware 114 to restore?

help...aj

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

go to the download section of this forum. it's the FIRST thing listed

thanks will do.

so I have a problem which is why i'm asking about this firmware. Do you think you can help?

1) for some reason, when I was still on v112, the top row of my keypad when I'm in either SMS/notepad doesn't respond but all other keys do?! I thought it might be the hardware but I can use the calculator and dialer for all keys, no problem. I just can't use the alphabetical keyboard top row only!!

2) I thought I would restore as I learned from someone else but I can't locate the firmware 114 after I Shift+click on restore in itunes.

3) now another funny thing is that when I press 'restore' in my itunes, an error message comes up saying that "itunes can not contact iphone software update becaues your phone is not connected to the internet" but I am connected...weird.

please help if you can becaues I would really appreciate it...totally fustrated!

thanks in advance...aj