Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking illegal?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default unlocking illegal?
    So, apple states that jailbreaking is illegal, but what about just unlocking the phone to use with other carriers. No cydia, no installer. Just unlocked. What do you guys think?

I'm sure in Apples eyes its the same thing. But not here jailbreaking and unlocking is perfectly legal

well actually there is a law that was passed stating that unlocking is an exception to the dmca

so you are good except for that you jailbroke also when you unlocked

but here we think its all legal so we wont report u

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    well actually there is a law that was passed stating that unlocking is an exception to the dmca

so you are good except for that you jailbroke also when you unlocked

but here we think its all legal so we wont report u
    Not worried

lol

ur safe anyways, they arent going to arrest you for being jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to assume that AT&T would be more concerned with unlocking the iPhone to another network than Apple would. Although don't you have to jailbreak to unlock the phone anyway? So there you go...

Gives thanks...Do you?

you do unless its a hard unlock

but if you unlock with quickpwn or pwnage tool you are also technically jailbroken even though you didnt install installer or cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Just because Apple makes a claim doesn't make it the law... even though they'd like it to work that way, haha. I can claim that owning a bunny rabbit is illegal... doesn't make it the law though. They have a ton of lobbying and years through the court system before a ruling is made.

apple is full of ***holes who think they are all powerful and want to have power over everything and thats why they were never as successful as microsoft

"steve jobbs is the kind of guy who would kick a baby if he had the chance"

this whole claim of jailbreaking is illegal is just another one of their stunts to try to have all power

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

In my eyes unless i can get ARRESTED AND SENTENCED i DO NOT consider it illegal.For all i care apple can say it gonna rain fried chicken next week .
    God knows i love chicken

Apple is just money hungry and they try and scare their customers into not unlocking and jailbreaking their iPhones so that they can't save money from at&t high priced plans and download cooler apps for free.

it is apples own personal fault for not giving the iphone some of the basics. including Bluetooth, themes and mms to name a few. and jailbreaking should not be illegal why should they care we purchase there products and we paid for it and should b allowd to do whatever we want with it.