Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So like, isn't itunes, like supposed to you know, like launch when I dock my iPhone?

Default So like, isn't itunes, like supposed to you know, like launch when I dock my iPhone?
    Yeah, so for some reason beyond my knowledge, itunes doesn't automatically launch when I plug in my iPhone.

To tell the truth, it has never done that in the first place, but I don't like things to auto launch anyways until I am thoroughly sure that I want to use them...

Well, I've grown a bit, and decided that I want iTunes to auto launch when I dock, msconfig says everything is turned "on".

I just downloaded iTunes 8.1.

And I still have no auto launch :-(

Any help out there?

Oh, and I am on XP sp 3 (woohoo...)
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

uninstall and reinstall iTunes

i already did that.

Thanks

When your phone is connected, click on it on the left side of iTunes. On that screen, try checking 'Automaticall sync when iPhone is connected.' See if that works.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2009-03-13 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    When your phone is connected, click on it on the left side of iTunes. On that screen, try checking 'Automaticall sync when iPhone is connected.' See if that works.
    Nope... no luck there...

And also, no luck in reinstalling.

I think its something more systemy that I am missing...

Mine doesn't work either. I've given up though. I've tried everything.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

:-(

No such luck...

I think the problem is that it has something to do with windows thinking that iPhone is a digital camera and because of that it isn't opening iTunes properly.

I tried disabling the feature that automatically removes and delets photos, but so far no luck.

I also tried running that patch from M$, but it didn't do a whole lot it would seem.

Sorry, I stopped using XP years ago. Win 7 is far more flexible (it's what Vista should have been.
    Hope you sort it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Huzzah!
    I did it!

I'm not exactly sure what I did, or why it works but I did it!

Basically I uninstalled (again) Ran CCleaner through the reg, reinstalled 8.1 again, clicked on my phone, opened the tab labeled summary, and clicked on the "Automatically Sync When this iPhone is Connected" box.

Restarted everything.

After boot, plugged in my iPhone and iTunes suddenly popped right up!

Hurrah!

So it was sort of along the suggestion Soulthoughts provided, only it was in a different spot.

So now my iPhone syncs as soon as I connect. Yea! Thanks all!

Thanks

Glad you got it worked out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe it was the default you selected as for what to happen when you plug the iPhone in to the computer. Like 'open folder', 'open itunes', 'do nothing' etc... ? I don't have windows but I remember this coming up when i plug in USB Drives and Cameras.