Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hmm is this normal? EDGE

Default Hmm is this normal? EDGE
    I just got a 1.1.3 iphone jailbroken and unlocked to work with my Cingular phone..

Everything seems to be working fine... But i cut off Wifi today to save the battery and noticed that it is using EDGE data to still watch youtube videos and such.. My cingular plan is the very basic and I don't even have a data plan on it.. Should it even be working? I figured if you didn't have a EDGE plan then you just wouldn't get data... I only want to use WIFI

I don't want to worry about it connecting and adding data to my plan. Is there a way to cut off EDGE data all together so that it never uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Isajeep View Post
    I just got a 1.1.3 iphone jailbroken and unlocked to work with my Cingular phone..

Everything seems to be working fine... But i cut off Wifi today to save the battery and noticed that it is using EDGE data to still watch youtube videos and such.. My cingular plan is the very basic and I don't even have a data plan on it.. Should it even be working? I figured if you didn't have a EDGE plan then you just wouldn't get data... I only want to use WIFI

I don't want to worry about it connecting and adding data to my plan. Is there a way to cut off EDGE data all together so that it never uses it?
    You should install bossprefs via installer and then you can disable EDGE.

Hope that answers your question.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

or just add a bogus apn in the edge-settings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

when you use edge/data without a data plan, you're being charged per kb transferred so better disable it or you'll be looking at a nasty bill at the end of your billing cycle