Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard 3.2 gone

Default Summerboard 3.2 gone
    Hope i am posting in the right area, i apologize to the mods if not. Last night i upgraded to 1.1.4 Jailbroke with ZiPhone now i cant find summerboard period. I go to reinstall and it is not on the list. I check the programs installer via installer and it still shows up as a installed program, so i try to uninstall it so i can reinstall but i cant even do that.

Any suggestions?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)

Thanks

you probably need to manually delete it, if your unable to delete it in installer. use winscp or ibrickr

another note, did you upgrade to 1.1.4, or restore to 1.1.4 in itunes? you should have restored, i think that may be apart of the problem if thats the case.
    Last edited by khil; 2008-03-06 at 04:53 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to khil For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)

Yes, SSH into your iphone, go to the app. folder and delete the Summerboard folder.

Reboot iphone and install Summerboard again.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)

i upgraded in itunes from 1.1.3

Ok SSH phone went to /private/var/Applications there is no SBprefs or Summerboard.app folder. Actually i cannot find any Summerboard folders, so that probably explains why i cannot uninstall Summerboard.

Now what?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-03-06 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)

The name should be SMBprefs.app and on my phone it is located under the above mentioned folder.

You better do a restore to 1.1.4 not an upgrade... to avoid problems.

Then after Ziphone do it all, install BSD subsystem and openSSH from the installer and let your phone reboot.

Be sure that community sources is added to your phones sources and Summerboard should be availiable via installer.
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-03-06 at 07:25 PM.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)

Thanks

download 1.1.4 from http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php

and in itunes hold 'shift' and click 'restore' navigate to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to khil For This Useful Post:

erikcarrie (2008-03-09)