Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g 2.2.1 - Sound Problem

Default Iphone 3g 2.2.1 - Sound Problem
    Hello,
    I have a strange problem. From today evening all of a sudden my phone is unable to transmit sound. What ever i seak is not heard on the reciving phone, but I can clearly hear others voice. This is the same for both cases i.e making / recieving call.
    I tried reset all my settings , master reset etc. but not sure what the problem. One more note. I use t-mobile sim with turbo sim if that needs to mentioned. i never had such problem until today. Here are my phone config: 3g (2.2.1) 16gb. Please advice me and let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks in advance!
    Mounu

I would have to assume your microphone is shot (hardware issue). Warrantied issue.

Restore and take to Apple.

And warranty is NOT dependent on activation (per Apple).

Hmmn OMG! I dont have bill. i brought this phone on craigslist 5 months ago. What are my options now?
    Any thing else I can do?

Dont matter where/how you bought it. They go by the serial #.

Ok. I will take it to app store. thanks for advice

Yup, if they give you any crap about not having an ATT simcard in it (take it in freshly restored) say you removed it and stuck it in another phone to use in the meantime and you dont have that phone with you.

And reinforce the fact that they're warranty agreement specifies the phone doesnt have to have an ATT simcard in it.