Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kicked out of Apple Store

Default Kicked out of Apple Store
    Just had to share this......A friend of mine went into an Apple Store this weekend. Somehow one of the sales associates seen he had a theme on his phone and asked how he made it look like that.

He told her it was Jail Broken. She told him that was against the law and he argued the point that it was his phone, he bought and will do whatever he wants to with it and she left. The Manager promptly showed up and asked him to leave the store and to never return. He asked why......The Manager told him he was not allowed in the store because he had pirated software on his phone.

Can you believe that crap.

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

That's stupid.

Gives thanks...Do you?

Hmmm, Im going in there 2morrow with my Red iphone all jailbroken out

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

wow! what BS- I would'a required a police officer and woulda been yelling attica the entire time- i'd recommend getting name of manager, apple store # and reporting it to corporate HQ- i'd also picket the store and make sure every customer going in or out knew what they would be buying into-

I'd probably also fart several times before leaving the store- make obscene remarks about steve jobs-
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

With all the crap Apple is making about having a jailbroken iPhone esp. lately and saying it is illegal. Wouldnt those same rules apply to them also?
    You know they have to have jailbroken iPhones themselves so they can try out all the new themes and software tweaks that everyone wants so bad.

They gotta get ideas from somewhere.

im gunna go in there and be like *****

how can they even claim that its pirated software

and even if he did have cracked apps on there it wouldnt even be any of their business

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You should have thrown some cuffs

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Theyll probably arrest you for having RED and jailbroken phone.
    If you get arrested make a post and well come up with bail money.

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    Theyll probably arrest you for having RED and jailbroken phone.
    If you get arrested make a post and well come up with bail money.

Just kidding.
    Thanks for the support!

Jailer: "You get one phone call."
    cpjr: "Can I just get 1 post instead?"

I actually did at lunch today, walked in talking on it....everyone working there loved it. Was prompt to tell me my warranty was void, but the complements came rolling in

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I walked into the local Apple Store with my iPhone 2G for an upgrade to a 3G, jailbroken and all, and believe it or not, they took it and gave me the 3G!! It even had a theme applied. They asked me why though, and i told them. And the ironic part is, the manager even had a jailbroken one! go figure.

No wonder they were happy....they took your 2g iphone

Why did they take it?? If you were upgrading to a 3g, you keep your old phone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

devteamtools (2009-03-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im gonna have to go talk to them about that fact. thanks for letting me know!!

Walk in with a whole bunch of friends wich jailbroken phones.
    And be like "damn i love my phone jailbroken, its so much better, without it being jailbroken it sucks".

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Film it.

That is ridiculous....

When I upgraded to my 3g my old iPhone was still jailbroken and it had the vista bliss theme so it was pretty noticeable and the employee who was upgrading asked what I did to get it like that but I was scared that he wouldnt serve me if I told him it was jailbroken so I just said I fond it on the internet haha

I cant wait to go back to that Mall myself. I am definitely going to go in and stir some ****. I thought about going in and seeing if they could fix my phone for me. I woke up this morning and all of a sudden it looks like a crackberry, what the hell.

What really gets me is we all purchased the dam phone and made Apple look good with all the record sales. They got their money, I am still with At&t, they need to leave people alone about jail breaking. Its mine, I own it, I paid for it. DONT TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO WITH IT!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
    I cant wait to go back to that Mall myself. I am definitely going to go in and stir some ****. I thought about going in and seeing if they could fix my phone for me. I woke up this morning and all of a sudden it looks like a crackberry, what the hell.

What really gets me is we all purchased the dam phone and made Apple look good with all the record sales. They got their money, I am still with At&t, they need to leave people alone about jail breaking. Its mine, I own it, I paid for it. DONT TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO WITH IT!!!
    You know, there is an old saying that you can catch more flies with honey than wth vinegar. I have found that by going into see the guys at the Apple store, I have had red carpet treatment by acting nice, very knowledgeable, and not a noob with an attitude. They deal wiht all kinds of crap all day. Ive overheard some of the things people bring thier phones, ipods and computers in for. They want to either be taught how to use the darn thing or they want the device to do something it is totally incapable od and cant accept the Genius' explanation and then get all riled up.

I totally agree with you that they "can't tellme what I can and can't do with my iphone", but... and its a big but, if you wnat them to do what you wnat them to do you have to play thier silly little game.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2009-03-12)

I showed a guy my jailbroken phone.

Showed him how Cycorder records.

I even brought my phone in before it was JB becuz the songs were skipping by themselves and the "Genius" behind the counter had a JB phone

i should go in there with mine and the wallpaper say "YES MY IPHONE IS JAILBROKEN" lol of course i can understand where its coming from but cmon what did your friend expect. its illegal thats like going to the police about you getting robbed but smokin a joint.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado87 For This Useful Post:

confucious (2009-03-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast