Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I accidentally Deleted A Mobile Substrate File

Default I accidentally Deleted A Mobile Substrate File
    Help pls. I accidentally deleted a file in my Mobile Substrate folder. I think it's the mobilesubstrate.dylib file and now my phone is stuck in the apple logo. I can easily SSH to it and replace the missing file but I don't have a back-up of it. Can somebody help pls.

here ya go

just unzip
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

witchmd (2009-03-09)

OMG! Thankyou so much! You're a lifesaver.

Thanks again. My iphone is back to normal now.
    Last edited by witchmd; 2009-03-09 at 05:23 AM.

Default Pls help me..
    Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    here ya go

just unzip
    Sorry, i just dont have this mobile substrate file in my cydia.. can you help me?

Thank you

^???

The file linked there would have to be uploaded via SSH.

Why are you in need?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^^ What is going on with ur phone?

i need help my ipodtouch is going really slow i think i deleted MobileSubstrate...what can i do if it's not that then what can i do to fix it please help!!

Mine was going really really slow too, and when I SSH'd in and ran the "top" command I found that Springboard was taking up all the CPU. I was able to go into safe mode once, through SBSettings, and from there I could open Cydia and uninstall Infiniboard, which fixed my problem. I tried re-installing Infiniboard, and the same thing happened, only this time I couldn't get into safe mode and so I thought I was screwed. Thankfully I had installed Aptitude in the past so I was able to remove the package via SSH without opening Cydia.

:/ i've also deleted mobilesubstrate.dylib and cannot seem to get my iPhone past the Apple logo I've got alot of stuff on my phone that i dont want to delete, so i don't really want to DFU restore.

I've tried iREB, but that hasn't worked.
    I cannot SSH (i dont know why)
    I just dunno what to do :P

Any help?

I went into SBSettings, mobile substrate addons, and I disabled 2 items... then my phone did not start again ... apple logo all time. I will try this evening with the iRecovery... in any case ... what I need to do exactly? and... if I restore the phone with a backup I did with iTunes on February... would it keep the pictures I did last week?

Thank you in advance

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ no

Hey Guy! I accidently Deleted mobile substrate and saftey mode because my iPod 2nd generation wouldnt get out of safe mode... Any way to bring it back?

You -deleted- Mobile Substrate? I find that hard to believe, 'cause I've been in the scene for years and its never that simple.

Also, please create a new topic for your issue. Bumping a 1.5-year-old thread is not a good way to get helpful replies.

Why would any of you
    Snoop around the file system when you have no clue what your doing lol... Mobile substrate is pretty ummm.... Essential for jailbreak tweaks haha
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    You -deleted- Mobile Substrate? I find that hard to believe, 'cause I've been in the scene for years and its never that simple.

Also, please create a new topic for your issue. Bumping a 1.5-year-old thread is not a good way to get helpful replies.
    Yes, I deleted Safemode and Mobile Substrate because i was stuck in Safemode, But i fixed it.

Glad to hear. Lol
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837