Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge performance with Slacker?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Edge performance with Slacker?
    I'm really sick of having the Slacker app for my iPhone and not being able to use it because our local YMCA offers no wifi.

But I get full signal from the cell towers, so if I stopped being a cheapskate and bought the $20/mo. data plan for the iPhone, would it stream Slacker just fine with no quality loss or hiccups?

Also, what about driving around in the car where signal varies greatly from point to point?

Thanks!
    Max

if slacker works like youtube and loads the video before it plays it then yes it would work. if it plays as it downloads you may have some hickups and problems with that. im not familiar with the app so thats the best answer i can give
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I'm pretty sure that it does, because it will keep playing if my signal for wifi is dropped. But if a song starts new with no wifi, then it says an active Internet connection is needed and stops playing.

So it sounds like a matter of luck, whether there's a signal when I am getting a new song...

But slacker is a popular app; can anyone comment here from experiance?

Well, I activated data! It works great downtown, and decently on driving around
    Last edited by MaxRabbit; 2009-03-07 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost