Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I phone stuck in the middle of shut down.

Unhappy I phone stuck in the middle of shut down.
    My phone has been jail broken for a while now and today I was experiencing some unusual problems so I shut down my phone. I did this by holding down the power button until the shut down slider appeared, I slid the slider and my phone began to shut down. But it is currently stuck with a spinning wheel (the OS white spinning wheel) in the center of a black background. I have tried everything I can think of to snap it back. I have plugged it into a power outlet, I have also tried plugging it into my laptop with iTunes open, and I get a error that the iphone could not be connected due to an unknown error. I greatly appreciate ANY help.

Thank you so much in advance!

EDIT:
    I'm an IDIOT... in my panic I forgot the most basic of functions... holding the power and the home button simultaneously shut the phone down quite effectively. Now I am just waiting for the dang thing to restart (taking a long time).

EDIT:
    Ok fully restarted. I am leaving this up just in case anyone else gets the cold sweats thinking that their phone is broken
    Last edited by j.eck.art.3d; 2009-03-05 at 01:55 AM. Reason: After taking a few breaths, I resolved it.