Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is Jailbreak?

Default What is Jailbreak?
    Hello Friends my name is usman i m from pakistan.
    I purchased a few days back iphone 3g
    i dont know much about it.plz help me in few topics like
    {Jailbreak}how to install themes in iphone.can i transfer songs and videos from my iphone to any other mobile through bluethooth.
    and last thing can i install a software in my iphone which can run any type of video without converting it into Mp4....

Thnk you very much for your suggestions.

well some one help me
    Last edited by Muhammad Usman Butt; 2009-03-05 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can you tell me what is the exactly meaning of jail break
    i mean my phone is now properly working i can send sms i can make call its mean its jailbreak

???
    jailbreak = The process of allowing read/write access to the filesystem of iPhone

friends i have reset all settings of my iphone 3g after it i restore it due to which my iphone 3g is upgraded with 2.2.1 and now i its lock can you plz help me how i can unlock it.or its unlock is availibe now or not

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

NO you cant unlock 2.2.1 .Why did you update???

aculty i dont know much about iphone.so i just erase all setting o its and then i resotre it when i do it.it was upgraded.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

sry there is no unlock now for 2.2.1. next time download the same firmware u have from the downloads section here or from apple and press shift+restore if u have windows and select it. like this it will restore but with the same one u had before

is it possible i mean to say before 2.2.1 i have 2.2 firmwere so which one now i download and how i can resotre it plz specify again
    becasue i heard that it can not be downgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

the firmware can be downgraded but not the baseband. ( the baseband is what gets unlocked) so even if u downgrade u still cant unlock because u had 2.2.1. u will have to wait until the devs come out with an unlock