Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Differing Lock Screen and Phone wallpapers?

Default Differing Lock Screen and Phone wallpapers?
    Hi all,

I'm getting into modding my iPhone and want to do something that should be quote simple. I want to add a lock wallpaper, but not have it appear when I'm using the phone. How can I do this?

Well... there are two things you can do... assuming you have Winterboard, go to the Themes folder, then to the either the User Lock Background.theme OR the User Wallpaper.themefolder and just upload a background image into one of those two folders.

If you put it in the User Lock Background folder, when you change your background from within the Settings, only the background behind the icons will change.

If you put the background in the User Wallpaper.theme folder, then you will only be able to change your Lockscreen background from within the settings.

The background shhould be named LockBackground.png or Wallpaper.png depending on which folder you decide to upload your background to

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphone49er View Post
    Well... there are two things you can do... assuming you have Winterboard, go to the Themes folder, then to the either the User Lock Background.theme OR the User Wallpaper.themefolder and just upload a background image into one of those two folders.

If you put it in the User Lock Background folder, when you change your background from within the Settings, only the background behind the icons will change.

If you put the background in the User Wallpaper.theme folder, then you will only be able to change your Lockscreen background from within the settings.

The background shhould be named LockBackground.png or Wallpaper.png depending on which folder you decide to upload your background to
    When you say " go to the themes folder" I assume you mean to SSH the picture. Can you have several png. files in these folders. ie. Lockbackround.png? Will winterboard show the files? Not sure if I am explaining this correctly but I am trying to do the same thing. I want to use 2 different pictures for lockscreen and wallpaper.

Many thanks for your reply, iphone49er.

I don't think I've made clear what I want. When I refer to 'the phone' I mean the actual phone element of the phone.

To demonstrate, say I set the lock background to a picture of a banana and my wallpaper to a apple. When the phone is locked and not charging, I see a banana, which is great. When the phone is unlocked, I see an apple, which is also great. When I press for the phone icon and make (or receive) a call, I also see a banana. It is this last banana I don't want; I want an apple (or even an orange).
    Last edited by bingobangobongo; 2009-03-04 at 06:57 PM. Reason: to add apples and oranges

Default ok
    You can have only one picture in the actual theme folder ....but if you upload more wallpapers to your wallpaper folder you can choose one as your background and it will be applied to your wallpaper or lockscreen.....It says USER wallpaper and USER lockscreen wallpaper meaning whichever you choose in your settings as the wallpaper it will be applied to whichever you have selected as USER(whatever) in winterboard