Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Stuck on Pineapple screen after reset (major crash)

Thanks

Exclamation iPhone Stuck on Pineapple screen after reset (major crash)
    Hello everyone,

My iPhone is a 8Gb Black 3G phone Pwned with Quickpwn and also Yellowsn0w, it was working fine until all of the sudden all of the apps downloaded with cydia stopped working, I decided to reset it and did it on the phone itself (without connecting it to a computer and using iTunes to do so). Right after I clicked on reset all on the configurations menu it turned into the pineapple screen with what seems to be a mac loading spinning image right on top of the pineapple and every minute or so it reboots by itself only to return to the same screen. iTunes does not see it at all and all the hard resets I've tried seem to be useless in this situation. I have tried to let the battery die and reconnect to the computer but that is also proves to be of no use.

Any help? I am almost throwing this iPhone in the garbage, honestly this is the most challenged I have ever been by a gadget, I guess it may not say much about my expertise but oh well...

Would REALLY appreciate some useful advice!

Hello! Firstly, I'd like recommend that this be moved to General iPhone Chat. It won't get the proper exposure in the accessory forums.

Anyhow, you are experiencing what is called a SWOD (Spinning Wheel Of Death). All is not lost! What you'll need to do is get it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode and restore.

This is the easiest way to boot into DFU mode:

• Plug iPhone into PC (or Mac)
    • Press-and-hold the sleep button and home button until the device force-powers off. (about 10 seconds)
    • Release the sleep button, but still hold the home button. Do this until you hear the device connected sound on the computer.
    • You may now release the home button, to test that it works, go into iTunes, it should say that an iPhone is connected, and has to be restored.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

try putting it into dfu mode and then doing a full restore on it. ive never heard of the pineapple AND SWOD on the same screen.

BTW i suggest you get into dfu mode BEFORE connecting to a computer. it seems to work better
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

Sorry guys, I am kinda new to this, didn't quite know where to post this thread, but since we have already started on the subject I have done the DFU procedure after your replies, holding both buttons and releasing sleep button and waiting for it to be recognizable on my MacBook iTunes but absolutely nothing happens, not even on the iPhone itself, still shut down the only difference now is that if I press and hold the sleep button it comes up with no spinning wheel of death on top of the pineapple.

This is scary!
    HEEEEEEEELP!

do you have 10.5.6 on your mac book? if so you will need to fix it so it will notice the device in DFU mode

Thanks

I do indeed, I have 10.5.6 what fix would I need to do? What if I restored it on a Windows machine?

you can do it on a windows machine. there was an issue with iphones being recognized in DFU mode with 10.5.6

there is a simple fix for that. just search the forums. im sure you will find it. easy easy fix

EDIT: here is a guide for the fix: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2493
    Last edited by cricketlang; 2009-02-28 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks

I'll search for the fix, but I have just tried the Heimlich maneuver (DFU) on 3 different Windows machines all with iTunes loaded and open on the screen and absolutely nothing happens, starting to get REALLY scary, will search for the fix and let you know.

thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

the report post button is not a cry for help button. Please use the search or be Patience any wait for more responses to your thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Frostbite (2010-01-20)

Are you sure that you are correctly putting it in DFU mode?

The Pineapple or Pwnapple is actually the boot image, and the SWOD over it is not uncommon. It is indicative that something was installed or modified that the system didn't like.

If it hasn't worked on 3 different Windows boxes, then I'd question whether it is in DFU mode. Also try a different cable.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

The reboots in this case are, almost certainly, caused by the timing limitation on Springboard (if it reboots every two minutes)
    If you can SSH into the phone you can fix it quite easily.
    If not then you will need to restore.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

arubajoe77 (2009-02-28)

Thanks

Sorry guys, really a beginner on these matters, if the DFU procedure extends only to the button pushing maneuvers that's been done with no results what so ever, as for the SSH I have no idea where to start I read somewhere that my iPhone was supposed to already have ssh installed for me to execute this procedure whatever it is.

So actual situation is Black screen, pineapple and every two minutes or so reboots onto the same image, not recognized on iTunes with or without DFU maneuvers in both Mac & Pc.

SOCORRO! (Help in portuguese)

If you put it into dfu properly(if you don't get error 1600)&it does not work,maybe you have a watchdogtimer issue.Try to search for it on this forum...

You're right, you won't be able to SSH if you don't have it installed (I suggest installing it for next time!)

Don't know what you've tried but this *should* work:
    Fix the MAC problem with OS 10.5.6 - see cricketlang's link in previous post.
    Then....
    With the iPhone turned off
    Hold the home button and power button together
    Just before the apple logo (or in your case the pwnapple logo) appears the screen (about 10 seconds) should light up (only dimly) when this happens release the power key but hold the home button for a couple more secondsiTunes should now recognise your iPhone.
    Restore FW and set up as a new device
    Jailbrake
    Restore iPhone from backup (do this AFTER the jailbrake or you will get the same results)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

arubajoe77 (2009-02-28)

Thanks

YEAAAAAAAH! WE GOT A WINNER!! MAN! 3 seconds of the last quarter a 3 point scorcher for the win!!! Excellent one confucious!!! I am currently restoring it, and I was about to throw the phone away! FANTASTIC!!

I'll keep you posted!

THANKS man!!

Bugger! I should have let you throw it away and then come and searched your bins

Glad it helped - There is a thanks button if you want to click it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

arubajoe77 (2009-02-28)

Thanks

Alright, I got a new one he he he! I have done all the restores and updates and without syncing I went straight to the newest QuickPwn (2.2.5) and went ahead and did the deed, but now I have modem firmware 02.30.03 (not the one I had previously 02.28.02 that was necessary for Yellowsn0w unlock) What do I do now?

Help!

Pardon me, I meant to say I had the 02.28.00 modem firmware and now I have the 02.30.03. Is there a way to downgrade JUST the modem firmware? If not so is there a way to unlock it on the 02.30.03 modem firmware other than with Yellowsn0w?
    Last edited by arubajoe77; 2009-03-01 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No and no.

If you have 2.30.03 you are stuffed.

Well almost, you can buy a TurboSIM (or equivalent) but make sure it works with 2.30.03 (older ones wont) which might get voice and GPRS back but my experience of them with 2.28.00 with 3G (before YellowSn0w came out) was flakey.

Moved to the correct forum.

Thanks

So no hope of unlocking the 2.30 baseband? Stuck again then....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast