Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Garbled System Text??

Exclamation Garbled System Text??
    Did a restore and jailbreak today, and now for some odd reason, my sms, and system text are garbled, not all of them, but a good deal of it.

Here's the skinny on what it affects:

Lock screen text
    irealsms quick reply text
    if i try to type into the quick reply on irealsms, it garbles the letters as well. For example trying to type "Sounds good" = "Soi nd gRld"

Nice right?

I've attached a few pics, anyone know what I did or what caused this, and how to fix it?

UPDATE: I did a respring, and then changed the theme from orbs to shirtycity (seriously what a great iconed theme! Why does know one make icons for this!?) and it went away, then sprang back to orbz and it was fixed. Go fig.. something to look out for tho, easy enough fix. However, 10-15 minutes later the behavior reoccured and now continues even if I change themes. It's apparently affecting the text in sbsettings now as well as iRealSMS. ANYONE GOT A FIX??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png   -img_0002.png  
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-02-28 at 07:36 PM.

your picture didnt make it, id like to see this though. i have no idea how to fix other than restoring again but i would like to see it
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I fixed it, read above. ps. I can see the pics... this board has problems sometimes with pics being posted. Try checking out this link if you still can't see them. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...t-img_0002.png

eh i cant see it from the link. oh well. glad you got it fixed. ive never heard of that before
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Ok, I lied it did it again! Did the same thing to fix it, but if this keeps happening, it'll be really annoying! Anyone know the cause?

It's now affecting sbsettings and iRealSMS... Could use some help!
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-02-28 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    Ok, I lied it did it again! Did the same thing to fix it, but if this keeps happening, it'll be really annoying! Anyone know the cause?

It's now affecting sbsettings and iRealSMS... Could use some help!
    Alrite mate, I had the same problems as yourself with the garbled text on SB settings and on iRealSMS. I finally narrowed it down to a program i downloaded called KeepAwake, which is a toggle for SB settings. It seems to have sorted it out now! NOt sure if you have downloaded it too! Good luck and hope you sort it out! ;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chr1s_888 For This Useful Post:

phreakwenci (2009-02-28)

THANK YOU!!! That fixed it! Thank you my brotha from anotha motha!

No Probs mate!! :-)