Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH Problem =(

Default SSH Problem =(
    Ok so I decided to upgrade to the 3G so I started saving all my important files from my 2G specificly my phone book. So I go to var/mobile/ and copy my adressbook folder to my documents on the pc. Ok so I go to my 3G I SSH the folder to the phone and none of my contacts are showing. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well, your contacts can be synced through itunes. I usually let it do that, so that I can be lazy, and not have to hassle with it. Do you still have your 2g?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think letting iTunes sync the contacts is the best option. I did almost the same thing your doing and my contact names and numbers got all scrambled up, it was a big time mess.

too late for the ituned route =\ my old phone is gone now..all i have is the phonebook file..

Thanks

Well, hopefully you can get your contacts sorted. Did you ever sync your contacts? If you did, it's possible that a restore from backup could at least get some of your numbers back.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Check permissions and ownership of the file. I never tried it myself but read it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Check permissions and ownership of the file. I never tried it myself but read it works.
    what you think i can change?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by playboii View Post
    what you think i can change?
    /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb should be owner: mobile, group: mobile, permissions 755

When you copy files using WinSCP, the default owner is root, group is mobile.

no luck =( i give up. this adress book doesnt like me

Try permission to 777

ok guys this is what im doing. i drag the folder i copied from my other phone to the new one and i hit overright. am i doing something wrong or are these the correct steps? the weird thing is that i saved my SMS file and just dragged the folder in and all my own text messages popped up but for some reason my phonebook is not.

and 777 did not work either =(

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Since your sms.db worked, sounds like addressbook is corrupt.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, did you update without restoring when you got it? If you did, it created a double set of folders (every time you just press upgrade, it doesn't replace the folders, it creates new ones, leaving the old ones to take up space). I had an issue with certain program files not showing up because I was placing it in an outdated folder. Though if you didn't, this was a waste of a read.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista