Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: noob with youtube problem

Default noob with youtube problem
    hi i am new to the iphone, i have a jailbroken 16g 1.1.3 but since ive done the jailbreak youtube wont work
    it will play any video i have already veiwed in history but when i try to search it say cannot connect to youtube i have a wifi connection when i try this , can anyone help me out on this please
    also if i do a restore will this reverse my jailbreak ?

First, a restore WILL unjailbreak you, however you need to "virginize" which brings the phone back to OTB if your ever worried bout Apple finding out (for warranty issues).

Second, I am assuming you used Ziphone to jailbreak, because it will "break" your YouTube. There is a fix in installer for this, believe its actually called "1.1.3 Youtube fix".

thanks for the quick reply cprj , i cant seem to find the fix in installer
    what would it be under ?

Looked it up, its actually called "YouTube Activation 1.1.1" and its under the source - http://i.unlock.no

Add that source if you dont already have it in installer.

ok heres were i sound really dumb ,how do i add sources ? all i see is refresh on one side and edit on the other when i press sources

Hahaha, gotta learn sometime.

Hit the "edit" button, after that you will get another button on the left that says "add". Hit it and all you have to do is add that address (a box will pop up) and then it should refresh your sources again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

stew32 (2008-03-06)

nope it aint fixed it thanks for your help anyway mate

Thats odd should work, make sure you rebooted the phone.

by reboot do you mean switch off then on again ?

yep
    Thanks is an acknowledgment