View Poll Results: Which iPhone should I get?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8GB Black

6 12.77%
  • 16GB Black

22 46.81%
  • 16GB White

19 40.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why go 16GB?

i have a first-gen. 8 gig... i decided to skip the 3g because i decided i dont want to get an iphone everytime a new one comes out. 3g and gps weren't really enough to sway me and convince me to drop $200 more bucks and renew my contract.

if i had a choice though, when i bought my iphone, i would have gone for a 16-gig phone. i love my music, and as much as i like my classic 80-gig ipod, i don't want to carry it everywhere with me, along with my iphone. my pockets already feel crowded as it is.

i wish i had more room for my music, but my phone gets filled up fast! i also like to put in a couple of episodes of curb your enthusiasm, or what have you every once in a while so i can catch them when im away from home for long periods of time.

anyway, long story short, i can't wait for the next iphone release so i can get some much needed storage space and whatever wonderful new features apple introduces.

Easy, SPACE!!!!!!!

I have the first-gen 8 gb and wow.

i wish it was like 16gb...

it's so full, and im missing so much things i want to put on it.

Thanks for all the input folks, while everyone IRL and at the store are telling me to go with the 8GB, the replies here (as well as the poll) are in favor of the 16. I think I'll shell out the extra $100 (and the ~$9 in taxes)

good call. You wont be disappointed

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yep, good call. It will be worth $100 more when you eventually sell it.

Okay, things might be a bit more dire on the Iphone front that I originally thought. AT&T cust service has been feeding me the wrong information (huge surprise) and not only may I not be eligible for upgrade yet, I might not even be able to buy a refurb as an existing customer. I've written a formal letter of complaint and I have someone in Sacramento who called me on Saturday to talk about it, then again today to tell me that he's taking it up the chain on my behalf. I don't know how to back down from a fight, I might just be able to bust through the AT&T/Apple ironclad contract restrictions. Will keep you posted.

Thanks

I won't fill it up with my average stuff either, but when I use my official upgrade from AT&T, I'm going 16GB for the white, baby.
    Respect your elders.

If you want to avoid the headaches of not having enough memory and the heartaches of finding a hairline crack at the back of your babied iphone, then get a 16GB BLACK iphone 3G. Its a definite keeper!!!

I got a white 16gb even though I didn't fill up my old 8gb original iphone because
    I like the extra space for when my itunes library starts growing

One thing no one has mentioned is the fact that if you get an 8Gb an run out of space you can't expand it.
    I have about 4gb of music but with Apps and photos I have to b e very careful which videos I put on. I wish I'd gone for a 16Gb now.

Good luck and enjoy your iPhone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I am now the proud owner of a 16GB black iPhone. I picked it up last night at BestBuy, long story there. AT&T broke all their own rules for me and while they couldn't sell me a refurb of their own, I was able to buy one at BB for $50 less than the new price and it actually comes with a 1 year warranty, unlike the 90 day warranty the refurbs from AT&T come with.

Now I have to figure out why I can't put QT movies from my puter onto my phone via iTunes, actually I have a lot to figure out as I've never owned an Apple product before or used iTunes, but so far I'm absolutely hating the interface. Dig the phone though!

Now, where do I go for the easiest and most painless way to jailbreak this thing....and why do I want to again? I get more apps, so? What else does that do for me? I guess I'll go read some of the sticky threads on this forum, but TBH I really don't get it.

Oh yeah, last night I verified my phone is running 2.2.1 software, the latest, not sure if that's a good thing though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

2.2.1 isn't any good if you wanted to unlock, but you can jailbreak just fine, follow the iClarified guide!

If you jailbreak your phone, you can get way more cool apps like themes and PDANet which lets you use the phone's 3g as a router for your computer.

Also, for the movies: did you check them to sync in iTunes under the "Movies (or is it videos)" tab?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxRabbit For This Useful Post:

slambo (2009-03-08)

Thanks MR, I did unlock my phone the second day I had it. I installed PDANet tonight per your suggestion and am setting up the corresponding prog on my laptop as we speak. I can't seem to find the app to allow me to use a sideways keyboard when typing and email or text though. I see there are add-on apps that do this, but nothing that will just hack the OS and allow me to use the native programs?

You obviously haven't read that much
    What you have done is Jailbroken your phone - You can't unlock FW 2.21.

You can't use the native apps for landscape texting - sorry. You need to buy one of the apps from Cydia.
    I'm not even sure that there is one for email!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slambo View Post
    Thanks MR, I did unlock my phone the second day I had it. I installed PDANet tonight per your suggestion and am setting up the corresponding prog on my laptop as we speak. I can't seem to find the app to allow me to use a sideways keyboard when typing and email or text though. I see there are add-on apps that do this, but nothing that will just hack the OS and allow me to use the native programs?
    Your welcome! Please leave thanks

I am not sure about jailbroken apps that make landscape possible for email or texting, sorry!

As for confucious, I have no idea what he is talking about. You very well know that you've only jailbroken it, and you don't need to unlock it anyway providing you have the official iPhone plan

Quote Originally Posted by slambo View Post
    Thanks MR, I did unlock my phone the second day I had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    As for confucious, I have no idea what he is talking about. You very well know that you've only jailbroken it,
    Yeah, right!

Thanks

imo white.

Never mind, didn't realize there were another 2 pages to read through. =D
    Last edited by 461am; 2009-03-09 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wow you went 3g the same day as me!

Only difference is I got the 8gb and already having a lil bit of buyers remorse bc 8gb = 7.09 of actual space and even though my 4gb nano worked fine I want apps galore and a few movies on here, so we'll see in the next 2 weeks if it'll be fine or I need to exchange for a 16gb. Btw for scratches I got a nice slim case from walmart

I didn't have a lot of music so thought 8Gb would be enough.

For me, at least, it isn't. I regret not getting a 16Gb one now.

If you are already wondering if it's enough, it probably isn't!

It's weird bc I didn't think it was but atleast this trains me to keep my music organized instead of having a bunch of songs I just skip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast