Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: programs keep closing

Default programs keep closing
    3g 16gb jailbroken (beware:noob)

many times while im using safari, if it has too much to load on the page the browser will just close and go back to the springboard. for example if i go onto myspace regular page, it will load maybe half of someones prfile then close. it used to be only safari that did this, now cydia is doing it, and today dtunes started doing it. if i reboot the phone with bossprefs or turn it off and on it doesnt help at all. ive used bosstool and that didnt work either. any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hi,

ive had a similar issue....and what helped for me was

1: upgrading to 2.2.1(its said that safari is more stable)
    2: go to settings app then to safari and turn off Plug-Ins

ive noticed a hugh improvment from that but once and awhile it does crash

hope it helps
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

is there a jailbroken version for 2.2.1? I've seen there is one for 2.2, and I don't want to end up back in prison after updating. Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotchopsticks View Post
    is there a jailbroken version for 2.2.1? I've seen there is one for 2.2, and I don't want to end up back in prison after updating. Thanks

Yes. QuickPwn on windows works fine and pwnage tool for mac supports 2.2.1.

I had a lot of the same crashing issues before when browsing sites with lots of images or content and its a lot better now. Not perfect but at least its usable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There is no Unlock for 2.2.1 because they updated the baseband, so if your not an AT&T user, DONT UPDATE.

It sounds like your apps are crashing as a result of low system memory. Consider getting SBSettings instead of bossprefs (its basically the same tool, but newer and shinier). Also, download the "processes" toggle(for sbsettings) from cydia AFTER you've uninstalled bossprefs and downloaded sbsettings. Processes allows you to see the apps running in the background such as ipod and safari, and shut them down to free up memory. Also, consider spending $.99 on Free Memory from the appstore.
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 2009-02-24 at 07:59 PM.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista