Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Surgery ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Surgery ?
    ok ive done a search and watched videos and discovered this looks difficult. anyway my phone met with the sidewalk today as i was getting out of my car ( forgot it was in my lap. ) Damage isnt bad. The top left corner is shattered and it made one big crack across the top half of the screen with a few smaller crack in the top section. It looks like the glass can be removed in about 3-5 pieces. everything works just fine and is visible. it isnt spider webbed anywhere really except for the corner of the phone in the black area. So should i try to repair it or live with it ? if i do follow the videos with the $12 replacement glass whats the worst i damage i could do, break the lcd ? im assuming id be screwed if that happned ? whats the quality of the new glass and the phone if done correctly ?? thanks guys.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    u try to find some1 who already knows how to do it? and if they break it worse its there fault and make them pay for repairs =]

Thanks

It's really not that difficult once you get the actual case opened. You could break some of the ribbon cables if you're not careful, but if you know what you're doing, it should be fine...
    Respect your elders.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well the people that know how to do it want $150+. The at&t store doesnt have a mr. fix it do they ? I know i wont hurt anything if i dont start yanking and pulling but getting the glue off looks like it could easily damage something. will the glass break in more pieces when i start to remove it ?? any feedback on the quality of the phone once the new glass is put on ?

Thanks

Nope, no repairs at AT&T. The quality will be identical with the replacement, assuming you buy a real one...
    Respect your elders.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Nope, no repairs at AT&T. The quality will be identical with the replacement, assuming you buy a real one...
    yeah didnt think so. yeah i wouldnt go cheap. I am just afraid of damaging it further and being worse off than i already am.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is the replacement glass the same quality as the original ? Also will the phone seal the back to normal ? I dont want dust behind it. As soon as i get the balls to do this i will lol. Just trying to get everything figured out first.

2g or 3g???

2g requires you buy the entire screen assembly...which is around $150 for the part alone. NO, you cant replace just the glass...you WILL break the other parts of the screen trying to separate them.

3g you can replace only the glass and digitizer, and that part can be found as cheap as $30.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    2g or 3g???

2g requires you buy the entire screen assembly...which is around $150 for the part alone. NO, you cant replace just the glass...you WILL break the other parts of the screen trying to separate them.

3g you can replace only the glass and digitizer, and that part can be found as cheap as $30.
    oh. fack ! looks like i will just be living with the busted screen i guess. that really sucks they are different. thanks for the info man.
    Last edited by jaredl; 2009-02-26 at 08:21 AM.