• Price

1 12.50%
  • Features

2 25.00%
  • Speed

4 50.00%
  • Support

1 12.50%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickSMS Anybody?

Question QuickSMS Anybody?
    WOW! Another SMS client to play with. Has anyone tried this SMS client yet and what are your feelings towards it. Love it, hate it, who cares? It seems to have alot of really cool features, but is it worth the effort? I have been using bitesms for awhile now and it seems to work pretty well. But they did an update and now its not free anymore! That sucks! Anyway if you have QuickSMS, let me know what you think.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

havnt tried it but iv been using irealsms i really like the lil thing that pops up in any app to return a message without exiting what u are doing
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

i think you mean what do you like about quick sms

your question doesnt make sense

i dont like it personally

Thanks
    is there a way to map this to an icon? i like the option of the volume up but i randomly turn down my sound now and lol i cant turn it back up.

I'm trying quickSMS at the moment and still have iRealSms installed, it seems a good program and the way you can access text app quickly via volume buttons whilst running another app. I'm also wondering if anyone has bought the full version yet via the site? Is it legit as I'm a bit weary giving my IMEI details! Good app tho! Cheers!!

Thanks
    it is legit as i am runnin the full version now, and also trying to find a way to make it an icon, or possibly activated by the accelerometer.

Thanks

Ok,

I bought the full version, works great. just make sure you type in your code right.

I didnt like the volume up and down thing because it annoyed me when i wanted to turn up my ringer, but i got used to it. and now its pretty handy.

its really cool how fast it comes up, and it takes absolutley no extra battery life.

there ARE bugs.. but that is to be expected, as it was just released.

there needs to be more customization.. like to take away the add on they made to the keyboard.. maybe it will come in time, who knows.

there is no landscape yet, but it will be added shortly apparantly.

its 10euros, which is about 14$.
    kind of pricey.. but once the bugs are worked out, and maybe more hotkey, settings, customization, and the annoying sending message bugs are fixed. it'll be worth it.

i think it should be 5$ like mySMS. but that wouldn't be fair to us who have already payed the 14 :P

any questions, feel free to ask.

-ari

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    Ok,

I bought the full version, works great. just make sure you type in your code right.

I didnt like the volume up and down thing because it annoyed me when i wanted to turn up my ringer, but i got used to it. and now its pretty handy.

its really cool how fast it comes up, and it takes absolutley no extra battery life.

there ARE bugs.. but that is to be expected, as it was just released.

there needs to be more customization.. like to take away the add on they made to the keyboard.. maybe it will come in time, who knows.

there is no landscape yet, but it will be added shortly apparantly.

its 10euros, which is about 14$.
    kind of pricey.. but once the bugs are worked out, and maybe more hotkey, settings, customization, and the annoying sending message bugs are fixed. it'll be worth it.

i think it should be 5$ like mySMS. but that wouldn't be fair to us who have already payed the 14 :P

any questions, feel free to ask.

-ari
    Just so you know, you can turn off the new keyboard buttons. It's in the options somewhere in the app. Also, if you enable the option that says disable default sms app, that makes it so that if you press the default sms icon, it opens quicksms.

I think i may purchase it after my 14 day trial has expired. I still like iRealSMS as it has landscape mode, but i'm sure as mentioned that quickSMS will incorporate it in their app. It's so quick and uses hardly any system resources which is a good thing! ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt27272 View Post
    Just so you know, you can turn off the new keyboard buttons. It's in the options somewhere in the app. Also, if you enable the option that says disable default sms app, that makes it so that if you press the default sms icon, it opens quicksms.
    i know, i mean the silver bar above the keyboard. not the period and comma near the spacebar. already removed those.. looked stupid cause they wernt skinned like the rest of my keyboard T_T