Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone log files

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iphone log files
    I was just given a cell phone ticket for using my phone without bluetooth (in CA), however I actually was on my bluetooth. I looked at the log files just now via the iphone configuration utility and they appear to only go back for about an hour, but I need to go back 2 hours. My phone is jailbroken, are there additional log files I can look in and still see? I am trying to see if I can get log information showing my bluetooth was connected at the time. Is there anything I can find that might help me?

Thanks,
    Linedpaper

Nobody know? /var/log doesn't appear to contain the same logs as what is visible in the iphone configuration utility so I'm trying to find those logs I guess. It seems strange the logs would only cover a 1 hour period of time.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Last edited by linedpaper; 2009-02-23 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ha lol, even having log files wont change anything, (i live in the CA) i think that law is relay gay! u could tell the cop u used speaker phone i think thats legal. or that u weren't even using the phone part put was listening to your ipod app.

Ur a real noob for geting caught, lol

lol DIES forget ca for that law...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    stfu, he was sitting in the parking lot i pulled into. yes if there were logs that showed bluetooth was connected at the time that would change things. you obviously don't know an answer to my question so please leave it to someone who does.

Bluetooth logs are not viable, you can fake them and also you would get them in a sketchy way so no court would ever uphold something you got thru jailbreak. They might even fine you for $2,500, (jailbreaking is officaly illegal)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alek View Post
    Bluetooth logs are not viable, you can fake them and also you would get them in a sketchy way so no court would ever uphold something you got thru jailbreak. They might even fine you for $2,500, (jailbreaking is officaly illegal)
    Well as you have obviously proved that you are not a lawyer, I will ignore your legal advice. My only question was in regards to the logs. Anything helps, I'm going in with just my word vs. his now and any logs would help no matter what. Jailbreaking is a copyright issue, which there has been no precedent ruling on thus far, only CLAIMS by Apple (The Escapist : News : Apple Declares Jailbreaking 'Illegal'). In addition to that, traffic court has no jurisdiction over copyright law, and the fact that the phone is jailbroken would have nothing to do with the case at all, I would only be showing them log files, but as there are no log files for such a thing (IMHO we need an app to fix this problem), Moderator: please close this thread!