Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Strings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone Strings
    Ok well i am trying to change my slide to unlock label, and other things. I know how to do this but when I open the strings to edit them they come up unreadable. I have figured out that I should change the encoding to make them readable. I am on a windows and i cannot find a readable one in word. Any help would be great. Or just a link to download the springboard.strings in the proper encoding thanks.

add this in the customize2 folder and u need any internet connections off and go to mobile/customize2 and put this folder in it Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Thanks

i have customize but all it does it goes past the spicy chicken then crashes. This is so easy to do if only i could read the string in the proper format.

for customize to work u have to turn off all internet connections and turn airplane mode off

Thanks

should i use boss prefs?

ok it doesnt crash now but it says files not found please go online to update files.
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-02-22 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

to turn stuff off.... u can

i mean u have to turn off wifi and internet connections... but turn airplane mode ON
    Last edited by toothy17; 2009-02-22 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ok but when i go to edit system strings or anything there is nothing there. I think it would be easier just to figure out the encoding on the string file.

that file i posted earlier contains the files that are suppose to be there.....Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem! i posted it here again so add these files through ssh into library/customize2

cool

ive been trying to get it ito work for a while now

good find

Thanks

oh thanks, I will let you know how it turns out.

there was no customize2 folder under library but... I opened the springboard.strings file included in your download and it was the proper format i am just going to edit through that. Thanks for your help.

ok problem solved. If you could also tell me where the slider.png is located that would be great.
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-02-22 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

include Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarknobgray

there are 3

one is bottombarknobgray for the lockscreen

the other two are for answer call and power down

bottombarknobgreen
    bottombarknobred

what is the easiest to do is download a big complete theme and copy it to ur computer so u have a reference so u can kno what to name everything and where it goes.... thats how i do mine...... but check out my stuff right now Stats and many more updates coming

after i do it once i just remember the name and dimensions

most of the time