Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard Crashes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Springboard Crashes
    Hello my spring board has recently started going into "safe mode" all the time. I dont mind this but everytime is comes out of safe mode all my icons are moved around. Normally this wouldnt be a big deal but i have the 5 icon rows and 5 icon collums installed and this makes moving them a little sketchy. Does anyone know how to stop the icons from moving or how to stop this all together thanks.

5 collumns is very sketchy... i wouldnt use it till its fixed up a little

Thanks

i have had the five collums for a long time and never had a problem. It crashed once like 2 weeks ago and it didnt happen again until last night. But since last night it has crashed 3 times. Is there a app where you can save the layout of your icons?

i have also started to get more frequent crashes but they dont mess up the icons.

Oh crap, I LOST THE GAME!

Thanks

do you have the 5 icon row and column?

does anyone know what apps cause this. My springboard has crashed (gone into safemode) 3 times today. Everytime it does this the icons randomly spread out over 5 pages.
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-02-24 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have been having the exact same problem. i have the five icon rows, but not collumns, and i also have the five icon dock. so i guess if all of us have the five icon rows, then that must be the problem.

Thanks

i also just realized that my iphone renamed its self back to iPhone

Thanks

ok, so this happened to me again many times today and its frustrating to move all my icons back however i discovered a solution. If this happens to you and when you re start your spring board your icons are all messed up follow the steps below.

When the springboard is going to crash (usually while opening an app) the little white loading circle will come up in the middle of whatever screen you are on

As soon as you see that hold home and power as if you were doing a soft reset. Continue to hold until your boot logo appears. Your phone will reboot. This takes a while but it stops the springboard from going into safe mode and the icons from going all over the place. I dont know about you but i would rather wait for my phone to reboot than re organize all my icons.

This really sucks and it would be great if someone could figure out which app or whatever is causing this so we could stop it. Thanks

do you have intelliscreen. saurik tells us this happens alot with that app
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

I dont think so. What does it do?

you would know if you have it. do you have/use installer or any programs from it? sorry im asking im just trying to find a possible cause to the crashes

Thanks

i do have installer and cydia, i honestly cannot remember if i have anything from installer installed as i rarely use it.

can you let us all know what apps you currently have installed from cydia? like irealsms or notifier. things like that. it might be an app problem or even a memory problem. if you have sbsettings could you check your available memory while on the home screen

Thanks

you can check memory in boss prefs right?

Free Space
    43mb of 500mb on/ 5.4gb of 15gb on/private/var
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-02-26 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

samething happened to me but my icons rearranged than i rebooted it but nothing it just rearranged my icons again what should i do please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this has been happening to me too. although my icons are never mixed up just need to hit restart and then the theme loads back up. i notice it only happens when i plug it in to dock or charge. its mostly annoying having to hit restart and it reboot.

i am on a 2G iPhone using 3.0firmware and Tmobile. only Cydia installed.
    any suggestions.as to stopping the crashes.

I read another thread and they suggested getting rid of intelliscreen or something, i dont think i have this installed so what else may help.

Unhappy iPhone 3G crashing- going in Safe Mode
    Same thing is happening to me..

this damn iPhone is now crashing 3-5 times a day on some days.. WTF? has anybody figured out whay this is happening??

Is not messing my icons but it has happened to me literally in as middle of a call, browsing emails, browsing web, gamming, etc,etc..

HELP!!!!