Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with MMS

Unhappy Help with MMS

Hi All,
    I wonder if anyone can help.
    I have been tryin to sort out texting a picture !
    I downloaded the MMS app and thought that would be enough!
    However, when I asked some friends to text me a pic so I could get started with a pin number... nothing has come through at all!
    I receive text messages no problem at all.
    I called my provider 02, and they said I neede to uninstall MMS first, I did that and still nothing!
    I would like to text picture messgaes if possible and recieve them ( I know there will be a charge for sending them).

Can any of you whizkids enlighten me please?
    Also I am beginning to wonder if I need to Jailbreak my iphone ?????( whatever that is !)

In the words of Marvin Gaye... What's Goin' On ????

J

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

what is the mms app u installed and where do u live?

also , there is an excellent mms app called swirlymms on cydia and u have to jailbreak to do that and also what firmware are u on?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miro89 For This Useful Post:

Jennifer1 (2009-02-22)

HI Miro89,
    Em....... ok I tried to install the App called MMS which was in the store on my iphone. I live in UK.
    I don't want to jailbreak my phone if I don't have to as I have heard stories that it crashes etc.. I'm kind of new to all this as you probably gathered!
    Not sure what you mean by "firmware", sorry. I'm on 02 if that's what you mean?
    J

Thanks

hi, jailbreaking doesnt cause crashes or anything, but it voids ur warranty. and firmware means like the software version u r running on ur phone. to find out go to settings-general-about and scroll down u will see firmware.

also what options or settings do u have in this app cuz i am not on the UK store

Hi Again,
    Many thanks for your reply

It says in settings it is modem firmware.
    I really don't want to jailbreak and lose my warranty.
    All I really want to do is take a pic on my iphone and text it , some of my friends don't have email on their phone. Also I want to receive a text pic they send me... Is there any other way to do this????
    I need a real simple way !

The app is in the Istore under MMS
    Thanks
    J

Thanks

if you jailbreak with quickpwn or pwnage tool it doesnt really void ur warranty.. the jailbreaking is done through iTunes..Worst case scenario you restore to Apple's firmware.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

To check firmware, it's settings-general-about and then look for "version". I'm guessing you'll be with 2.2 or 2.2.1.

Thanks

yh sry it will say version not firmware

also tell me the settings or options u have in the application cuz i cant find it in the appsore. maybe its because i am not on the UK store

so state the options u see in the screen and when does the problem happen?

Hi,
    Sorry not to reply sooner.
    Yesterday, my iphone stopped amking or receiving calls! For no apparent reason, so after a long drawn out saga with phoning the helpline etc.. they told me to take it back to the store, although I live in the country and it wasn't easy to get to. When I took it back they had no idea what was wrong and said they would have to send it to Norwich (?) for repair. They couldn't give me a replacement iphone so I had to settle for an old Nokia! Therefore I can no longer sync anything or have any of my contacts on it as itunes doesn't work with Nokia!!!!!

I use this for my business as most of my work is done through text or calls.
    Ihopefully will have it back by the beginning of next week!

Jennifer