Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobilePhone.app on start up

Default MobilePhone.app on start up
    This is the deal: when i restart or respring my iphone, this two apps, mobilephone.app and mobilemail.app, auto start and i can not kill them. (either using killall line or with processes in SBSprefs)

The problem with this thing it's that it does drain me precious RAM!!! so apps like monopoly, payback and sh** like that crashes upon the start all the time...

I've solved the problem with mobileMail.app just changing the name to "mobileMail.app bckp", but in this way is not more useful... that's ok i've put a webclip of gmail instead...
    But if i do the name changing with the MobilePhone.app the iphone goes crazy(for a moment remains good and i can recibe phone calls but cannot do them... i believe it uses a deamon for the phone calls and the MobilePhone app its just a GUI...). In either way, i don`t want give up that main app.

so... wtf ? Is there in unix something like "msconfig -> start" .... or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/run" ... what so ever? I know there's probably not... But what can i do?? any ideas?

Thanx a lot.
    Last edited by mngiaconi; 2009-02-21 at 04:18 AM.

in UNIX yes there is but based on which distro you are using there may not be

in the iphone os there is not because those two apps are by design always running

mail: retrieving mail every 15 30 or 60 minutes

mobile-phone: always prepared to receive calls... always running

if you quit those two you would not receive calls and you would not get mail until you retrieved it upon entering the app

I disagree.. like i said, which is always running is a process in the background (Commcenter maybe?) that's aware of calls trafic and stuff. Also in the past i remember to have not MobilePhone.app running and everything was just fine.
    Last edited by mngiaconi; 2009-02-21 at 05:42 PM.

i dont know how you would even kill mobile phone

anything that you dont recognize in your task manager dont kill it

fyi lockdown and commcenter aren't the 3rd party apps they are daemons that run all the time

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Free mobile app?

You are using a phone but yet you want to kill the phone process, maybe you need an ipod touch. Or try putting it into airplane mod. To kill mail just disable the fetch or push feature, then it will not run. If you're on windows try to kill explorer.exe with taskmanager and see what happens, then you will understand why you can not kill mobilephone.app.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    You are using a phone but yet you want to kill the phone process, maybe you need an ipod touch. Or try putting it into airplane mod. To kill mail just disable the fetch or push feature, then it will not run. If you're on windows try to kill explorer.exe with taskmanager and see what happens, then you will understand why you can not kill mobilephone.app.
    i donīt want to kill the deamon.. jst the GUI (mobilephone.app)that consumes ram.