Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with GPS

Default Need help with GPS
    I recently bought a 3g iPhone. it is on FW 2.2, and is jailbroken. I cannot get the GPS to work? I have turned on and off the location services. Tried it in a moving car, and also standing in a wide open field. I have also restored 2 times thinking maybe something was wrong with the firmware but still cant get it to work. All it does is narrow down my area like the 2g phone did by the service towers, but never locks in the GPS. Any tips or ideas on what to try would be appreciated. Thanks, Jared

i havent had the gps work much

ocasionally it will narrow down to the blue dot but not that often

im not sure if it can be fixed

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is interesting. Have had a few posts in the past few days complaining about this. I am in between IA and CA and I have had no problems with this at all... not sure if it is defective units or if I just happen to always be in areas where it works.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

im not sure... im going to bet on just bad gps reception

if anything is in the way on your southern side it wont work.... just the way the satellites are

there is nothing in the way. I live in kansas so there is nothing to block reception. and i have given at least 10 minutes to work and it never does.