Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant sync my iPhone with Outlook 2007

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cant sync my iPhone with Outlook 2007
    Hi, I hope I'm not repeating a thread here, but I have done a search and can't find an answer.

Here goes - Whenever I try to sync my unlocked iPhone (1.1.1.) with iTunes and Outlook 2007 I get the following message "either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request....". I have found other answers about curing this problem elsewhere but non of the following fixes have cured the problem.

1) Checked to see if Outlook is the default mail client - it is.
    2) Used a registry cleaner
    3) Edited the registry to clear the line "hot_key......Microsoft Outlook" and then run 'Office diagnostics' from the help menu - all comes back ok.
    3) Checked to see if I am using the latest version of iTunes - I am.
    4) I have also tried going in to 'Trust Centre' 'Add-ins' and removed all active aplications with the exception of the iPhone one.

I am now at a loss as to why I still get the same message every time I try to sync - all other items sync ok, just not the Outlook Contacts or Calendar.

Anyone able to help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have 2007 working for me.

Have you look in Internet Explorer, go to Tools Internet Options - Programs - E-mail - change that option to Microsoft Outlook.

Also, to see if it is you can open up microsoft word and type in any email address.
    I.E. [email protected]

Then click on the email ( have to use the control key at the same time of clicking the email address), it should launch what ever your default email is ... hopefully Outlook.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

Nickybum (2008-03-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for helping.

Interestingly, even though I have Outlook (supposedly) set up as my default mail client, I am unable to see it listed as a mail option in Internet Explorer, the only options are 'Outlook Exporess' and 'Windows Live Mail' - something strange going on here I think.

Also, when in word I did as you suggested and it comes up with a message "Logon failed. You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code 'Unspecified error' " with an 'OK' click box under it.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone?

Sorry - I carried out part of your instructions incorrectly.

In relation to the send an email in Word part I was trying to send a Word document by selecting the email option from the menu.

I have since tried to send an email from within a word document and it tries to open Outlook Express and comes up with "Outlook EXpress is not currenly your default Mail Client. Would you like to make it your default Mail Client? Always perform this check when starting Outlook Express"

I guess there is something wrong, as you said, it should be trying to open 'Microfoft Outlook' if that is the default mail client.
    Last edited by Nickybum; 2008-03-06 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i believe when you sync with itunes it tries to load outlook in blind mode, you would see outlook.exe in task manager. Sounds like you dont have a proper logon to your mail server. Maybe check in the control panel>mail settings for a valid server & mail setup or user profile in outlook.

For me i'm just doing this from home & so i had to setup a dummy exchange server & user profile in Outlook to sync with.
    Last edited by y0haan; 2008-03-09 at 08:42 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

Nickybum (2008-03-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your input - I checked in mail settings and there were several mail accounts (one of them set as default).

However I have since managed to cure my problem (I hope permanately) by doing the one thing that I avoided doing (with hindsight I should have done it straight away) and that is uninstaling Outlook and reinstaling - problem solved - quite why I don't know as everything looks the same.

Thanks

Interesting... I guess when in doubt re-install.