Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help getting into dfu mode

Default help getting into dfu mode
    hi everyone.
    ive been trying to unlock and jailbreak my iphone 2g. it used to be 2.2.1 and i was trying to use quick pwn. but theres a quick problem, my WAKE/POWER button is broken (topbutton). So when it gets to the last step i can boot into dfu more. so i figured if i downgrade back to 1.1.4 i can use ziphone to unlock and jailbreak since all i have to click on is DO IT ALL (UNLOCK+JAILBREAK) i dont have to go into dfu mode manually. but as i try to downgrade 2.0 to 1.1.4 i get error 20 which im well aware is due to the face that my phone is not in DFU MODE, i just see the itunes and usb sign. So i download ziphone and iliberty. in both of them i clicked on boot into DFU mode or whatever and it just makes my screen show the usb cable with the itunes logo which is recovery mode. im just confused cuz i used iliberty and clicked on ENTER DFU MODE, and on ziphone i clicked on DFU MODE. but like i said it just makes my screen to the itunes and usb sign which is recovery. im well aware that DFU mode is when the screen is all black, i cant seem to find a program to do that. is there any other way? my sleep/wake/power button is broken so yeah.

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah i guess you could do that but downgrading all the way back to 1.1.4 is a huge hassle and would almost make it pointless to have an iphone at this time since 2.X has all the great features. That is unless you just want to use an unlocked iPhone...
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Quote Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
    Yeah i guess you could do that but downgrading all the way back to 1.1.4 is a huge hassle and would almost make it pointless to have an iphone at this time since 2.X has all the great features. That is unless you just want to use an unlocked iPhone...
    good point but this doesnt answer my question :/. im trying to figure out how to get into dfu mode not using the manual way. i already tried 2 programs (iliberty,ziphone) but that sent me to recovery mode (usb+itunes). I need help asap. anyone?

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x