Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: not jailbroken, but displays my name instead of AT&T

Default not jailbroken, but displays my name instead of AT&T
    I had jailbroken my first device, and one day it crashed, I restored it and took it to the apple store and they gave me a new one.

This one hasn't been jailbroken yet, but today I woke up and noticed that next to the signal bars, it says my name like it did when it WAS jailbroken.
    It's weird because it just happened overnight.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Its the jailbreak goblin.... he lives under your bed and jailbreaks your phone while you are sleeping...
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This EXACT same thing happened to me TWICE now.

I had used MakeItMine (through Cydia) to change the name of my carrier. A while later I restored my phone and didn't re-jailbreak it immediately. Even after the restore though, the carrier name remained changed.

To solve the problem i put the phone into DFU mode and did a restore. That seemed to clear everything up. It seems sometimes when you just restore through iTunes without going into DFU mode, sometimes remnants of the jailbreak seems to remain...

Anyhow, that was a couple of months ago. A few days ago I did another restore through iTunes and the same thing happened. Afterwards, I restored again but first put the phone into DFU mode, and again, this fixed the problem.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

I think its because the carrier settings are saved in your preferences when you back up your phone, so even if you dont jailbreak your phone, your old preferences get restored. Not sure why it wouldn't load through DFU.

Again, this is just a guess.

Yeah even if you restore it make it mine will stay, I learned that I had to re-jailbreak and fix it lol.

This happens when you restore from backup, just restore to new, not as back up.